Dual monitor support

Let’s be honest, many of us have dual monitors, to make the most of this… garrys mod needs robust and intelligent multi-monitor support.

On screen 1 there should be your normal view, on screen 2, your Q menu always open, How difficult would this be to implement? Games like polynomial have pretty intelligent multi-monitor window scaling capabilities. This is ofcourse me dreaming. Wouldn’t this be awesome?

Source engine apparently doesn’t like being wider than the primary screen. I’ve tried manually stetting the width to span across both screens and it doesn’t work for me, in either windowed or full screen mode.

sO WHAT ARE OUR OPTIONS?

If you have an ATi Eyefinity GPU, spanning across multiple displays works perfectly in GMod. The only problem is that it’s basically stretching the game window across 2 displays so your crosshair is bang in the middle of your monitor bezels. Your Q menu also fills up both screens but I think it would be possible to limit the Q menu to the left/right side of the screen.

I don’t know how it would be possible to constrain the Source engine to only render the viewport to the primary display but if it’s possible I think you might be onto a really great idea. I use two monitors for my video editing in Adobe Premiere Pro and for VFX/Motion GFX in Adobe After Effects and it works extremely well.

:love: Eyefinity

[editline]10th November 2010[/editline]

Especially on Dead Space :3:

Matrox DualHead2Go/TripleHead2Go works the same way, without the need of eyefinity