Dust-2 Remake Model

Sup, Facepunch!

I’m releasing a project that I’ve been working on for quite some time. It’s a complete remake of Valve’s Counter-Strike level; Dust2, in model form. I have even rigged it so you can
run around it realtime inside blender. Just to be clear, this is a model (.max & assets included), not a bsp map.

The level and props were created and textured by me (for the most part; see credits). Nothing was ripped from CSS:S.

I’ve been working on this for a couple of months, as practice. It’s not perfect and there is much room for improvement. Feel free to modify it.

Here are some screens from the blender game engine, enjoy!

I’m using a Noise, overdraw, edge blur, and retinex filters in the screens.

Download it here; http://www.turbosquid.com/Search/Artists/eCstatic
Use the free sign-in,

Name: BlenderArtist
Pass: blender

If that doesn’t work, try this link

Credits are as follows:

-The rifle was downloaded for free from Commander566 - Turbosquid
-Martinsh for the Shader FX, and the sexy palm tree. Thanks man!(blenderartists.org)
-Riyuzakisan for the Player camera script (blenderartists.org)
-Valve for the distinct FPS hands which were downloaded from Turbosquid

I will be giving away a prize to whoever finds the 3 easter eggs first http://i.imgur.com/IcMJk.jpg

This goes in Mapping, if im correct.

Well, it’s technically a model, so I posted it here.

This is a map

Yeah I’d sure love to spawn this in gm_construct.

This is great and all…but why?!

put it in an aquarium so my fishes can swim in it

This would be better if you release each building as a prop.

Cool, so now people can Dust2 anywhere.

On gm_flatgrass.
On DarkRP.
On Spacebuild. Until you die from oxygen deprivation.

I still don’t understand what he was saying and about after reading the description. :v:

It doesn’t take a genius to understand that he ported the entire map into a pure model.

And it actually make the map even much more worse? :open_mouth:
I’m glad that I can’t understand.

You should rename it as Instant Dust-2.

One click, and you have a deathmatch map to play on.
Someone make an advertisement.

Why not?

No, like I said, the whole thing was made in 3ds max without any ripping.

yes, its not completely finished. I mentioned that in the description. And what is it that you cant understand?

It’s an interesting idea for a model, image what you could do with the planets from a spacebuild map and spawn them, like the magma planet from Gooniverse that could be put into the sky of rp_downtown_v2 or maybe flatgrass for a little bit of building.

Sounds like a good idea.

I can’t compile for source, but I wouldn’t mind if someone wanted to modify it and re-upload it just as long as I get some credit.

But WHY

Because I can.

You could open up Hammer and place hundreds of these in it and have a fairly efficient infinite de_dust2 map :v:

The Maze of Dust.