e2 help

I was wondering if someone could help me with some e2 scripting. I want to make it so that a screen will randomly generate numbers for a set period of time. The script so far is as follows:

@name example
@inputs Button
@outputs Screen

if (Button=1) {Screen=round(random(9))}

@name Example
@inputs Button
@outputs Screen
# This sets the time limit before the Expression refreshes itself again.  1000 = 1 second.  This is ALSO how long it will take for it to generate a new number, so for now, it will generate a new number once every second.
interval(1000)

# If the Button is being pressed, generate a random integer between 0 and 9.
if(Button == 1
	) {Screen = randint(9)}

What it will do is: as long as the button is being pressed, the Expression will output a random number, 0-9.

Pointers:

• When using equals signs to compare values, use “==”, not “=”. In accordance, use “=” when setting values.
  • Instead of using round(random(Variable)), use randint(Variable).
    * Read this if you haven’t.

Also:
Look at what section you’re posting in next time.
E2 threads would go in Help & Support.
This is the garrysmod.org section.

what if I want to make it do that for 5 seconds without a toggle on the button?

@name Example
@inputs Button
@outputs Screen
@persist Generate
# This sets the time limit before the Expression refreshes itself again.  1000 = 1 second.  This is ALSO how long it will take for it to generate a new number, so for now, it will generate a new number once every second.
interval(1000)

if(Button & ~Button
	) {Generate = 1, stoptimer("Stop"), timer("Stop",5000)}
if(Generate == 1
	) {Screen = randint(9)}
if(clk("Stop")
	) {Generate = 0}

Slight tidy up. I can’t stand messy code or ‘retarded’ styles. Retarded to be taken lightly, and does not imply any kind of mental illness or defect.

@name Example
@inputs Button
@outputs Screen
@persist Generate
interval(1000)

if(Button & ~Button) {
    Generate = 1
    timer("Stop",5000)
}
if(Generate) {Screen = randint(9)}
if(clk("Stop")) {Generate = 0}

I like that approach. being an asshole and a nice guy at the same time. Its like helping someone fix their car on the freeway while their wife is pregnant in the car and when they take off, theres a rotten fish under the hood. funny but mean at the same time and not hurting anything.

Thanks a lot! I’ll be sure to include all of you that helped if I make this into an addon.