Early work in Unity?

I forked the sbox-minimal repo and started working on a top-down shooter game for s&box. I usually work with Unreal Engine, but I read Unity uses C# like s&box, so I was wondering: is testing my gamemode in Unity (since I don’t have access to s&box) a good idea, even if the code won’t end up being the same?

1 Like

of course, if your code is clean enough you should not have too much trouble porting it once you have figured out s&box

2 Likes

What do you mean by clean? Like trying not to use any of the Unity Api and just raw C#?

1 Like

If they leave it abstracted enough, they should be able to easily ish transfer it over when they get access.

1 Like

I mean it’s better than nothing, but the main things I intend on focusing on are preparing assets for a gamemode I wanna make like the map, models, and textures, and outlining the code instead of making raw c# stuff only to have to redo it later so maybe that would be a potential path as well.

1 Like

the code should be readable and make sense. so it can be easily ported

1 Like

I don’t think there would be much point in porting it, I feel like it would take a lot of effort compared to just remaking it. And you would probably understand it better if you re made it all while learning how s&box works.

1 Like