Easy anti cheat Bug

Error Easy anti cheat
Can’t run the the game, crashing at the steam lunch
http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/673536okokokoko.png
-What i tried, verfiry cache
-Disable Avast/antivirus/firewall
-Uninstall/reinstall
-Delete all rust folder in steamApps (didn’t just delete local files trough steam)
I’m loosing my mind, i need help…
Thank you :confused:

Full Error Report:
GameID: 12 (64bit)
Windows Version: 6.3 (Build 9600)
Error Code: 10011
Error Msg: Failed to start the game.
UUID: f8631b93-3b71-2927-4204-cd712b5d1bd4
Processes list:
applemobiledeviceservice.exe
audiodg.exe
avastsvc.exe
avastui.exe
avastvboxsvc.exe
ccleaner64.exe
chargeservice.exe
chrome.exe
chsime.exe
clavier.exe
conhost.exe
csrss.exe
dashost.exe
dragon gaming center.exe
dwm.exe
easyanticheat.exe
etdctrl.exe
etdctrlhelper.exe
explorer.exe
gfexperienceservice.exe
gwx.exe
hamachi-2-ui.exe
hamachi-2.exe
iastoricon.exe
jusched.exe
lmiguardiansvc.exe
lsass.exe
msi reminder.exe
netsession_win.exe
networkmanager.exe
ngservice.exe
nvbackend.exe
nvnetworkservice.exe
nvstreamnetworkservice.exe
nvstreamservice.exe
nvstreamuseragent.exe
nvtray.exe
nvvsvc.exe
nvxdsync.exe
octoshapeclient.exe
officeclicktorun.exe
pnkbstra.exe
presentationfontcache.exe
radio manager.exe
ravcpl64.exe
rundll32.exe
rust.exe
sbcinema2.exe
scm.exe
sdtray.exe
searchindexer.exe
services.exe
settingsynchost.exe
skydrive.exe
smss.exe
spoolsv.exe
ss_conn_service.exe
steam.exe
steamservice.exe
steamwebhelper.exe
steelseriesengine.exe
super charger.exe
svchost.exe
taskhostex.exe
taskmgr.exe
unsecapp.exe
vssvc.exe
wininit.exe
winlogon.exe
wlanext.exe
wmiprvse.exe
wudfhost.exe

Specs

I7-4710HQ
2.50GHz
RAM 16,0 Go
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 870M

Having same problem here, so I know how you feel. From what I’ve been able to figure out, EAC randomly just doesn’t work with some people’s Windows installation, and the only solution is to reinstall your OS. I’ve contacted EAC for help but I’m still waiting to hear back. :frowning:

just spitballing, but i do notice among the tasks running is your VPN software; i would try disabling/turning off the VPN in case that is bugging out EAC.

Turn off your VPN and make sure you do all your Windows Updates.

I would also uninstall Avast completely and get a different antivirus program, but that may not be necessary to fix this error so don’t jump into doing that first.

We’re currently looking into this issue. It seems to be related to AVG or Avast, when Steam\SteamApps\common\rust\Rust.exe has been set to run as Administrator.

Please check the Rust.exe’s properties via Windows Explorer, and under the ‘Compatibility’ -tab make sure that the ‘Run as Administrator’ -checkbox is not checked. If you have it currently checked, untick it, save and try starting it again from Steam. Does this help?

I fixed things early in the morning 3.50am so didn’t take the time to post here, but what i did.
-Reinstalled again everything
-Make Steam run as admin
-Make Rust.exe and RustClient.exe in compatibility mode for windows 8 plus run as admin
-Make EasyAntiCheat.exe in C:/Windows/SystemWOW64 run as admin and compatibilty mode for w8

It fixed the Error and the game is starting again, it takes like 6min to get to the main menu, don’t know why loading items take so much time, cause when i run it from RustClient.exe it’s so much faster but anyway i can play now ! ><

Thank you all for reading ^w^ !

Hey, you’ve given me some new things to try, as I’m still trying to get it to work myself. May I ask why you set it to compatibility mode for Windows 8? (is Windows 8 your OS?)

Edit: Well, that was short-lived. Turns out I don’t even have EasyAntiCheat.exe in my SysWOW64 folder. I think it’s supposed to install when you launch Rust for the first time but that’s where I get the “Rust.exe has stopped working” message every time. Glad you got it working, though.

@Noir1899,

Could you try running manually the Steam\SteamApps\common\rust\EasyAntiCheat\EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe, installing Rust and then checking that it finishes successfully? After install, check that there is SysWOW64\EasyAntiCheat.exe and try starting the game from Rust.exe in the folder.

I ran the EAC Setup manually, uninstalled & reinstalled rust, and attempted to run Rust.exe, but it still immediately gives me the “Rust.exe has stopped working” message. But I do have EasyAntiCheat.exe in my SysWOW64 folder now so that’s some progress at least.

Avast is not causing the issue. For now, only solution is reinistalling OS.

Yes my OS is windows 8, try yours, try both too, but i think the really needed option is run as admin
also you can try to go in Steam/steamApps/Common/Rust and go to EasyAnticheat , set him the same run as admin and compatiblity mode with your OS and uninstall, reinstall it, or maybe just unsinstall it, and launch the game trough steam to see if EasyAntiCheat Launch himself before the game start !

pretty sure the people who made the anticheat know better than you.

Then it would not work every time and not every now and then.

that’s really a false assumption. the system having bugs, and you thinking you know better than the people who can actually see the code are 2 separate issues.

Is there a reason why you recommend using a different antivir instead of avast?

Avast’s caused problems with EAC in the past.