EASY MEDIA PLAYER
This requires players to be on the x86-x64 branch to function correctly. This preview only supports Youtube as a media platform. Once this hits Steam Workshop, it will accept all listed platforms
Download the latest release via Github
Wait for the 1.0 Steam Workshop release
Preview Install Instructions
You will need to acquire a Youtube Data (v3) api key and then inside the settings panel set the option youtube_api_key to the value of that, hit save, your good to go.
What is this
Easy MediaPlayer is a media addon which allows a garrysmod server (or just your self!) to watch and listen to media together via a server wide playlist. It currently supports several sites, such as Dailymotion and Youtube as well as Youtube Music and also mp3s.
- Server wide media playlist supporting Youtube, Youtube Music, Dailymotion, direct mp3s with more planned in the future!
- Extensive admin controls to easy moderate the media submitted.
- Voting system included for skipping and banning videos
- Fully customisable user interface with over 100 options. (See below)
- Extremely comprehensive client and server settings editor allowing for full customizability of all parts of the addon inside of garrysmod its self. Please check out the wiki for more information on what each setting does.
- Preset system for all client settings with the ability for admins to set a default preset to apply to all new players who join that server, allowing Easy MediaPlayer to look and feel different between all servers. Also allows for quick switching between themes, this addon comes with several included by default.
- Comes packed with lots of ways to find the media you want to play. From using the built in UI or through chat commands (See Below)
- Comes packed with lots of predefined chat commands, such as !vote and !voteskip. (Your severs command prefix can be changed in the settings panel)
- Server based historical records are kept of the videos being played, by who and when. (Does not use SQL and is purely json based)
- Video engagements such as likes and dislikes.
- Pointshop Integration
- Developer hooks and open source code, built for expanding upon (and heavily encouraged)
- Stable and migrates perfectly with newer versions, making it safe you to keep getting updates from the Steam Workshop.
More themes will be released when the addon hits the workshop!
Note: Please switch to the x86-x64 branch for this plugin to function correctly
NOTE: I have noticed several game crashing bugs with this addon on branches other than the chromium branch. These are simply impossible for me to fix as they are due to the older html engine, so please don’t submit bug reports if you aren’t on the x86-x64 branch.
Ingormation regarding MP3
The server does not
- Download or directly access any of the mp3s submitted.
- Actually check if an mp3 is a valid mp3 (that would require downloading it).
- Verify with complete accuracy that an mp3 can be played.
What it will do is
- Check that a given URL does not return 404 on the servers side.
- Check if a user is outright banned from posting mp3s (can help with abuse).
- Plays the mp3 inside a container so even if its bad, it just won’t play.
Its really up to you if you decide to disable this feature or not. If you do change the setting
mp3_enabled to false inside the server tab of the settings panel
More Important Things To Notes
NOTE: Sever operators which use this plugin are advised to read each of comments provided for the settings to fully get an understanding of what each of them do while inside the game.
Your client settings are separated from the servers settings and will follow you through each server which uses Easy MediaPlayer, so you don’t have to worry about your styling being messed up.
NOTE: Always save your client settings as a preset! Or change the setting
preset_allow_default to false overwise it will be overwritten when you join a server (for the first time) which has Easy MediaPlayer Installed. If you forget to flick the setting, you can always revert back to your saved preset. Remember to include any _centred or _inverted or _hide settings in the presets settings as they are not added implicitly when the default settings checkbox is true in the preset creator