Easy question: Gmod Dedicated Server Auto Start Non Console

I have a Gmod dedicated server and i want it to start the server when i click the shortcut rather than bring up the menu with all the options. Is there any way to do this besides setting it to console mode?

just use console mode?
no bugs, faster boot time, more commands, less lag

Nope.

U probably could if you re-coded steam, SRCDS, garrys mod, windows, and a few more things but otherise no.

what…?

Also, don’t rate yourself.

Ah ok well idk how to do anything in console mode, that means NOTHING. Waight is it like the console tab except its not just the server console?

It’s just the console tab without all the graphs and the dull green interface.

Ok are there any tutorials or anything on getting started because im going to need to know some commands to change stuff.

Do you happen to know off the top of your head what teh command is to change the server name?

I use Serverchecker to restart my server.

It works greet and my servers back up within 30 sec of a crash.

When it ask for the server IP. If your running it from your PC, the IP is your network IP. For examble my connection to the net IP is 1.2.3.4 but my IP on my network is like 192.168.1.55.

I highly recommened you leave the times default and only mess with the start up timer. Thats how long it waits before it will look to see if the server started correctly

I’m still working on getting to work on launch from SRCDS but if you are using a .bat to launch the server like the way it is with slayers dedicated server installer, then you can simple copy paste the .bat path, for example. D:\Build Server\Gameserver\Start Garrysmod.bat is in the exacutable area on mine. (you will see the window when you use serverchecker)

So whats the difference between the bat file and serverchecker?

I wish there was a way to make srcds crash cleanly without any error boxes

Telling serverchecker to run the SRCDS.exe will only run it. So its like the servers up. But nothing set, no game, no map, no settings, nothing. Thats the problem i have. The only work around is that i know of is in slayers dedicated server installer

In it, he gives you .bats to start the server. For example my .bat that starts me gmod server is the following

@echo off
title srcds.exe

start /wait orangebox\srcds.exe -console -nohltv -game garrysmod -port 27015 -maxplayers 15 +map gm_construct_flatgrass_v5 +r_hunkalloclightmaps 0

By default the bat looks like this

@echo off
cls
echo Protecting srcds from crashes…
echo If you want to close srcds and this script, close the srcds window and type Y depending on your language followed by Enter.
title srcds.com Watchdog
:srcds
echo (%time%) srcds started.
start /wait orangebox\srcds.exe -console -nocrashdialog -nohltv -game garrysmod -port 27015 -maxplayers 15 +map gm_flatgrass +r_hunkalloclightmaps 0
echo (%time%) WARNING: srcds closed or crashed, restarting.
goto srcds

The only problem i have with using this bat and serverchecker is that when it starts the server, another window opens. This other window used to be watchdog (a valve thing that allow you to restart the server with out having to go and click whatever you use to start it. but you have to be there to do it.)

So unless your expecting your server to crash 500 times while your away it won’t be a problem