elpis host is literally the creation of the love between jesus and morgan freeman

when i first ventured onto the website elpishost i was taken aback by the sheer beauty so i threw my money at it and somehow ended up with a server

it was so great i basked in the glory of morgan freeman and jesus’s birthchild. however there was a complication with the birth and unfortunately i was left with this

Tim ----
Client 25/06/2014 11:15

Hi, I think I’m going to have to ask for a refund. My service has been nothing but terrible so far - responses are very slow for the industry standard, i’ve had to remember 3 different passwords, the navigation on the website is god-awful and confusing, and the FastDL servers are insanely slow, not to mention CP downtime.

Is there a way to get a refund asap, then have an extra day or two to transfer my files? Otherwise, I’ll just download them now then have the refund. There’s no way this host is going to work out for me with its speeds, crashes, poor support, and bad website.

Thanks.

IP Address: 68.37.174.56
Tyler Salwierz
Staff 25/06/2014 11:24

Hello,

You said that responses are very slow for the industry standard - please explain what you mean by this.

The control panel has been up all day.

Tyler Salwierz
Staff 25/06/2014 11:29

Regarding your FastDL speeds, you have not run a FastDL sync yet (like I told you to in the previous ticket) which is why nothing is downloading fast.

You have the gm_flatgrass map in your maps folder, but not on FastDL which is how I know you haven’t run a FastDL sync.

Tim -----
Client 25/06/2014 11:30

I’m sorry, but this if not up for argue. I do want a refund because I witnessed first-hand how the service is. Don’t tell me what I know isn’t true, because it is.

However, maybe if you took the approach of “okay, we’ll help you, but could you help us”, I would, and I will anyway. Yes, the control panel was unavailable all of this morning, and the FTP too.

Each other GMod host I’ve had responded to tickets anywhere between 30 seconds to 10 minutes. And instead of being filler, they were actively helping, and really trying their hardest.

I don’t want to be a dick, but it is what it is - I am unhappy and would rather go somewhere else. If you want to ask me anything else in order to improve your business, I respect that and I will help you but i do not want to stay.

Tim -----
Client 25/06/2014 11:30

And I did run a FastDL sync, just 2-3 hours ago… Please stop arguing with me, you’re only making things worse.

Tyler Salwierz
Staff 25/06/2014 11:32

I apologize, I had a typo in the URL. Can you please list what is wrong with the service being provided? typo in the url the most elusive trick by the lovechildss

Tim -----
Client 25/06/2014 11:37

That’s fine.

I’m going to try to be as respectful as I can, sometimes I come across a little harsh, please don’t take it personally.

• Response times, first of all. While I understand it’s not easy, you have to live up to your competitors’ standards, and that’s almost live-chat response times, all throughout the day. It’s tough but business is tough.

• Responses themselves. While the one telling me to sync my FastDL was alright, the rest was basically filler, reminding me of support like shudder comcast or verizon. Still miles ahead of those companies though, haha

• Navigation. It’s impossible to find your way across your website. There’s no links to the user area - you have to go into your email each time unless you remembered the URL. Also, sometimes it brought me to one user area and sometimes to another, and my passwords didn’t work for one of them. (I forget the exact links, sorry!).

• Passwords. Most of the time, you have 1 password and maybe your rcon password - control panel, billing, everything. In your case, I had to make a different password for each, that was very frustrating.

• Lag - kind of self explanatory. Probably not your fault but you may want to look into it and ask your other customers.

Thanks for taking the time to read constructive criticism. While I’m personally unhappy with the services, I do wish your business the best.

Tim -----
Client 25/06/2014 11:38

Oh, also, naother thing I forgot - I didn’t understand a lot of the things in the control panel. If you’re able to, you should make little notes for hwen you hover over the buttons, explaining what they do. For exmaple, I still have no idea what Fast Download Sync does.

Tim -----
Client 25/06/2014 11:39

A really good example of well-structured navigation: REDACTED (didnt wan tto advertise)

Tyler Salwierz
Staff 25/06/2014 11:43

• Response times, first of all. While I understand it’s not easy, you have to live up to your competitors’ standards, and that’s almost live-chat response times, all throughout the day. It’s tough but business is tough.

I’m sorry that the 30-60 minute response times during the middle of the day were unsatisfactory. We compromise on support due to our low pricing, if you need 30 second - one minute replies I would recommend a different host.

• Responses themselves. While the one telling me to sync my FastDL was alright, the rest was basically filler, reminding me of support like shudder comcast or verizon. Still miles ahead of those companies though, haha

Since you’ve only submitted two tickets – both only having one reply from our support – it’s a little early to actually say this about our support responses.

• Navigation. It’s impossible to find your way across your website. There’s no links to the user area - you have to go into your email each time unless you remembered the URL. Also, sometimes it brought me to one user area and sometimes to another, and my passwords didn’t work for one of them. (I forget the exact links, sorry!).

I do apologize that you find the site hard to navigate. There is a “billing” link on the top right of our homepage. You can access your TC-Admin control panel from the my products and services page in billing. Here is a screenshot for you:

• Passwords. Most of the time, you have 1 password and maybe your rcon password - control panel, billing, everything. In your case, I had to make a different password for each, that was very frustrating.

There are only two areas that you need to remember passwords on our site - the first is the billing panel, and the second is TC-Admin. You can even ignore the TC-Admin password by logging in with the “login to control panel” link in the client area! The FTP password is the same as your TC-Admin password.

• Lag - kind of self explanatory. Probably not your fault but you may want to look into it and ask your other customers.

Please provide a traceroute along with an image of net_graph 5 when you are experiencing the lag and I would be happy to investigate this. We have had no other complaints about lag.

Tim -----
Client 25/06/2014 11:46

I’m not going to argue with you. I’m asking for a refund, and you clearly can’t take some criticism into account, even if I’m right or wrong (I’m not saying I’m always right.)

So please, for the love of god, be a little professional about this.

Tyler Salwierz
Staff 25/06/2014 11:48

Bye.
You rated this response

Tim -----
Client 25/06/2014 11:49

Am I going to receive a refund or is this going to be escalated?

----------TICKED CLOSED----------

so seriously guys bask int he glory of hte godsand buy from this

[editline]25th June 2014[/editline]

this is tyler i really love him

my first host was elpis host and the support was dog shit and i never got my refund for something that never worked

but tyler is so amazing he is my idol wnd everything i value

http://puu.sh/9JbP6/4986273640.png

bye tyler i love you

I don’t know why you’re so mad - you were refunded immediately after the “Bye” post.

Some people just need therapy.

…Well, it’s reassuring to know that I’m not the most annoying client you have (even after the shit-ton of tickets sent).

(Full Disclosure, not affiliated nor do I work with Elpis).

Honestly the way you (MGPanza) handled it is pretty much a terrible way to go about it. I’m not saying the responses were great, but frankly you clearly had a one track mind and primarily were just wanting a refund no matter what. Now I haven’t used Elpis services so I can’t really comment on how their interfaces work (TCA2 though if I remember right) but if remembering 3 passwords is trouble on your part, then I’d recommend Keepass (http://keepass.info/) to generate and store passwords for you.

As for support, with small hosting co’s in Garrysmod, unless they’re guaranteeing a speeding response and you’re paying for quick responses, I wouldn’t expect anything to be damn near instant. There isn’t an ‘industry standard’, only ‘what you pay for’. Now I don’t know if Elpis consider themselves managed hosting and if they do then sure, you have a right to an expectation for a reasonable turnaround, but even then we’re talking < 2 hours depending on the scenario.

Teddi you’re totally right though i disagree with storing your password on a third party program/system/website. He could just write them down on paper and store them somewhere in his room.

Yeah because you totally can’t change those three passwords to be the same or similar…

Teddi is right. You’re not the center of the universe. Hosts like Elpis have a lot of customers. And their support staff do their damnedest to make sure something is made/done right and in a timing matter.

If TCAdmin2 is too difficult for you then don’t run a server.

[editline]26th June 2014[/editline]

Also Tyler gets a lot of support tickets to deal with, most of them stupid idiots who wine about FastDL issues. It’s kind of childish on your part (Panda) to be making 3 tickets all on the same topic where you act like you can come to a resolution but you wont settle for anything but a refund.
I must admit though, when I used Elpis their FTP and control panel was slow as hell in the east coast. Tyler owns the servers in the west so those run fine but the ones in the east he rents.

The way you went about this is extremely immature, I honestly think you should grow up before trying to host a server. In any case you got your refund so what was your problem?