Engine Error: Could not load Library Client

Ever since Garry’s Mod 13 has been released, I haven’t been able to play Garry’s Mod.

When launched it goes to a blue screen with loading in the bottem right corner for a few seconds before closing with Engine Error: Could not load Library Client.

I have tried http://support.facepunchstudios.com/kb/articles/3-error-could-not-load-library-client , but it does not solve my problem. I have reinstalled every source game fresh (including deleting .gcf’s) and reinstalling Garry’s Mod, but to no avail.

Garry’s Mod 13 BETA works fine. Can someone help me out? (my friend has the same issue :|)

Quote from a steam discussion I’ve been following that has the same problem as I do.

Thanks,
Aeokk

The latest patch has not fixed this error, need some assistance :frowning:

Bump

Shameless bump

I am having this exact same problem. Does anyone have a solution for this? I have repeated the same steps mentioned above.

I as well have had this problem since even the beta. But every time this gets brought up the same suggestions come up (even though you state you’ve tried them) or it gets shrugged off like this. I as well wish we could get a fix for this.

I’d like to point out I found a fix not mentioned after playing around. In order to fix mine I had to copy all of my “E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\username\garrysmod” contents into “E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\username\garrysmod\garrysmod” and all of my “E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\username\garrysmod\garrysmod” contents into “E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\username\garrysmod”. This fixed my problem. Hopefully it does yours as well.

If you only deleted your steam folder without legitimately uninstalling it from your registry you probably messed a lot of stuff up in the process. Copying gmod to gmod/gmod may make sense in regards to the bin files you copy over, but also copying gmod/gmod into gmod is redundant, and you’re just going to use up disk space, because the game doesn’t load from that folder.

Also, people fail to realize that with Gmod13, came the workshop, which has been the root for about 90% of the problems I’ve seen in this forum. Try removing ALL of your workshop files and trying again (and no, you can’t delete them, you have to unsubscribe from them)