Engine Error

Hey all! I don’t know is this a good place to post this, but I’m gonna do it anyway because I’m new on the forums.
Okay, so I had this engine error while starting g-mod and there was a text which said to report if someone fixes it. I restarted my steam and I right clicked on steam icon and did “Run as Administrator”. After that, I could play without any problems my g-mod. I also had problems with my Civilization 5, and running steam as an admin also helped me.
I hope I helped little bit.

-Kindly regards, Dominik

Why are you posting this if Run as Administrator solved your issue?
Sometimes ‘strange’ errors just occur and a work-around can often be more appropriate than a fix.
If you get annoyed of having to open Steam in administrator every time, do this to have it done automatically:

• Go to: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe”
  • Right Click that file and go to properties.
  • Navigate to the “Compatibility” tab.
  • Near the bottom of the menu, check the box “Run this program as an administrator” and apply.

Hope this is of some help to you :slight_smile:

He could be posting this to help other uses, who one day might have the same issue and stumble on this thread.

Could you post the exact engine error?

I’m posting this because there was a message when I got that error to post anything if you solve this error, but yeah, I’ve already written that… Oh, and I hope this might help someone else who might have the same problem.
My steam sometimes runs in admin compatibility and sometimes not.

Jack, I’m not sure which error was. I only got message named “Engine Error” and below it, I had couple of suggestions what to do, restart pc, restart steam etc.