Enjoyable Gamemode?

So, I was looking at this other thread that was talking about how servers are boring because all of the rules, and than that made the people on the server minge because they were bored and messing around doing whatever you wanted was fun! So this doesn’t have any rules and you can do whatever you want!

Please give me your opinions on what you think about it if you are going to reply!

So, a player joins the server and starts as a Citizen and they don’t change jobs with the F4 Menu or anything!

No Name-Tags are shown above players so you never know who is who
No Health-Tags are shown so you don’t know how much health the player has
You don’t know what job the person is unless they are wearing there uniform etc!

**Hunger, Thirst, and Sleep - ** In real life people would get tired hungry and thirsty over time, so this would give a purpose to people selling food and water, you could make food if you bought supplies from a store! Thirst, you could get from drinking water which you can get from stores, and resturanunts and if you wanted you go to a lake or some sort get some water and than purify it! You could wake up and be less tired if, you go to sleep which you can do in your house on a couch bed or some sort of thing that you could sleep on! Also, if you don’t when your sleep goes down you slowly but surely will start to walk slower and your screen will slowly very slowly fade to black, if you don’t get sleep your body will fall to the ground and you will wake up 30 seconds later because you had to sleep and your body wouldn’t move any longer!

**Paramedics - ** You can apply to become a paramedic at the hospital and than if you make a good application you will get accepted and than you can go around and look for people that are injured, or you can stay at the hospital and help heal the ones that have been injured and token to the hospital, you get paid by taxes that are sent to the Paramedic’s Boss and than spread across the people depending on the work they have done!

** Police - **They have to go to the PD and make an application that the Police Chief will accept or deny, than if you become a police officer you don’t change jobs or anything you can go to the armory and grab your uniform guns and other things than you would look like a cop with the uniform and you could protect the city or be corrupt because you can really do anything as a cop but you could also get fired just like you can in real life! Your salary would be given to you with the tax funds that is sent to the PD and than the Police Chief gives you your salary every in game week or however long! I will get into taxes and money later on to! You would also get a DNA tester to test DNA that criminals may have left behind at the crime if they touched something without wearing gloves! If you find someone breaking the law than you are going to have to cuff them bring the to the PD for interagation and than if they are guilty fine them.

** Thievs or Criminals -** Honestly, they don’t really have to do anything, anyone can be a criminal in real life and go around anywhere and do anything! So what they do is they can go to the shop or the mob boss who could you sell things like masks and hoodies they could where during there heists, now they would still be a citizen just they could have guns and were criminal clothes when robbing the bank so nobody can catch them. Now you might be thinking they can just look at the name tag no they can’t because there will be no name tags you would have to get DNA if they touched anything and than trace it! That is where you would want to have some gloves so that way you wouldn’t leave DNA on things you touched! Now you would get paid more by the rank that you hold in the PD if you are a lower ranking you would get less than the higher ups in the PD!

**Jail/Prison - ** If you do get sentenced to prison you will be in there depending on what crime you committed, You can not be put in prison for life because that is just gay, but pretend you were put in there for murder and it was 9 years of prison. They would be put into prison for 9 x 10= 90 seconds and than released, if someone didn’t want to wait the time you could walk in there and pay the bail for the cell door to open and them to get unarrested and let out into the free world once again!

**Murder - ** Well, RDM is a huge rule on most servers but this is roleplay in real life you can kill someone without a reason and you don’t get banned from life for killing someone for no reason like really… Anyone can kill anyone whenever they would like but they would need to be careful of cops and all because they may kill you if you kill someone else! You can also go to jail for murder but mainly if you kill a lot of people you would get killed because the cops would use lethal force if you are trying to kill someone!

**Heists - ** Well, now the criminals need something to do right! Well, they can go to the bank and rob it or they can mug people for money in a dark creepy alley way like the movies and I think real life I don’t know ok! So if they go to rob the bank they can bring guns face masks and all of that stuff they walk in if they want they can kill the bank guards or keep the bank guards alive and use there keycard to open the bank vault and take all of the money!

**Bank - ** If you deposit money into the bank you give them the money and than they try and secure the money from getting stolen and they also give you more money over time, for them using your money they give you interest and it can double your money if you keep it in there long enough, yet your money may get stolen if the bank is robbed, but you will only lose a little bit of the money if the bank is robbed!

**Business Managers - ** Now you might think, is there only going to be criminals and police? Well, no there can still be a lot of other things! People could start there own businesses and sell things to people to make money! Anyone can start a business all you need is a uniform you can give your workers and than money to pay your workers and to get the supplies you need to start your business! You could also make a grocery store and sell food or you could make a gun store to sell guns and all of that good stuff!

**Crafting - ** Well, there has to be a way people can make things that they can sell for more money and a good way to make money without become a part of the police department! So, with things and than sell it to make money and than if you did that a lot you could start a business and make a lot more money!

**Econemy - ** Alright, so there has to be something to get all of this money! You don’t just get paid as a normal citizen and get a salary from the sky that comes falling down on you! To get money you have to work for someone and they will pay you! You can get jobs by applying which you can do by talking to the owner of the business! The people who own the business would have to get money to! The way they can get money is by crafting guns and selling that or making food and selling it for more than you paid to make it! Now houses, You would be able to buy houses from people and than live there and decorate it with furnature you can sleep there cook there if you wanted and do almost everything you normally do in your house! Now when you have a house you have to pay for your house bills water bills and all of that junk, those taxes would go towards a pool of money that will be used to pay the police and paramedics and all of that kind of stuff! If a player that owns a house and logs off than a bidding starts and the highest bid gets the house the bid must be above a certian number once again depending on the econemy! If somebody wins the bid than they get to own the house and than some of the money goes to the taxes pool and the rest goes to the player that logged off that owned the house before! Money is a pretty fun thing on servers if you really make it interesting!

**Death - ** Well, you may be thinking what happens if you die, well when you die you are put to the ground and you have to wait 45 seconds before respawning or get token to the hospital and get set back to full health, if you choose to respawn and not wait after that 45 seconds has been completed than you will lose money depending on the on how much money you have it may vary!

so a less serious santosRP?

Well, I have never played SantosRP , so I can’t really say anything about it , but it isn’t serious at all because there are no rules what so ever people can do whatever they want

No rules will encourage more minging

Well, how would they minge on that kind of server, can you give me some examples so I can provide you with the answer of how they wouldn’t minge or that problem couldn’t be a problem because of whatever reason that I have to offer.

The one and biggest rule
Common sense

From my own experience I’ve always found any kind of gamemode that is about rping to in the end be extremely toxic due to the community of darkrp. It’s just one big circle jerk between players eventually, if you really want to start a gmod server try an another gamemode.

That’s awful, personally I’d suggest having nametags displayed but also have a ski mask or payday style mask item that can be equipped and completely hides the users identity for when you want to engage in less than legal proceeds. Uniformed legal jobs like police obviously wouldn’t be allowed to use it.

I’d recommend making vending machines or some form of basic sustainence that doesn’t rely on other players (with player made food obviously being cheaper and better to compensate)
If there’s one thing the darkrp cook system taught us its that retards always fuck up the entire rp experience by going cook and only using it to buy themselves food while everybody else starves

should be based on skills/rep that your character acquires over time
you start out only being able to buy basic masks, lockpicks, weed seeds etc and progress into being a full on bank busting, drug smuggling, cop destroying mafia lord

on my old server i used that auto wanted system as well as making it so you were arrested if you died with an active wanted level (cops would pick you up straight from the hospital)
it strongly discouraged mass rdm without outright restricting it, if you went on an rdm spree where any policeman could see you shooting you’d get a wanted level you’d then have to outrun or spend a long time in jail

heists are cool and all but there also needs to be a reason for the bank to exist, ie bankers that can actually make profit by handing out loans to newbies, storing stuff and farming interest rates.

Yes, I agree with you so that way if you are not wearing a mask they can see who you are but than if you deicde to rob a bank or something and put a mask on nobody can know who you are because you don’t have a nametag. That sounds like a good idea.

[QUOTE=I’d recommend making vending machines or some form of basic sustainence that doesn’t rely on other players (with player made food obviously being cheaper and better to compensate)
If there’s one thing the darkrp cook system taught us its that retards always fuck up the entire rp experience by going cook and only using it to buy themselves food while everybody else starves[/QUOTE]

Vending Machines have really been something that I have seen a lot of scriptfodder and was interested in, so I really do think that there should be some vending machines, so that way they don’t have to rely on players all of the time.
Also cooks, there wouldn’t be a job or anything for it anyone can make food or buy food from a vending machine.

[QUOTE=Should be based on skills/rep that your character acquires over time
you start out only being able to buy basic masks, lockpicks, weed seeds etc and progress into being a full on bank busting, drug smuggling, cop destroying mafia lord[/QUOTE]

Yes, I agree with this, there was a really cool rankup system I found that allowed you to rankup in one class if you had completed certain things, I like this idea as well!

[QUOTE=on my old server i used that auto wanted system as well as making it so you were arrested if you died with an active wanted level (cops would pick you up straight from the hospital)
it strongly discouraged mass rdm without outright restricting it, if you went on an rdm spree where any policeman could see you shooting you’d get a wanted level you’d then have to outrun or spend a long time in jail[/QUOTE]

Alright, I do think this would be a cool feature to make it more fun and non-rdm, but RDM wouldn’t be a rule. Criminals and anyone can kill anyone and it would be counted as a count of murder and they could get arrested not banned or any real punishment.

[QUOTE=heists are cool and all but there also needs to be a reason for the bank to exist, ie bankers that can actually make profit by handing out loans to newbies, storing stuff and farming interest rates.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I was going to add in the bankers job into the little description of the gamemode but, I had to leave and couldn’t write that so I just wrote the bank, but bank guards would be able to hand out loans that would be needed to get paid back and if they didn’t pay back the loan than they would take his car and everything and he wouldn’t be able to take another loan unless he paid back his current one, you can also store money in the bank that will increase slowly overtime because of intrest rates.

[editline]3rd December 2016[/editline]

Well, I couldn’t get that to go into quotes sorry!

You don’t really need common sense you can kill anyone you want to kill or feel like killing you can do anything. Could you please give me an example of how they would have to use common sense as a BIG RULE and I will prove to you that it is false?

Yes, but on the servers you played could you kill anyone you felt like killing and do anything you could do in real life , well not everything, but the realistic things. If you get bored you could just kill some people or steal some things, rob the bank to try and level up your skills, try and rankup in the police department, those are just a few things there are a lot more things to do like decorate a house and tons more stuff you could do!

Having common sense isn’t strict you from murdering
It’s just telling the player to have some form of realistic roleplay
Example of prop killing, or prop surf,… Everyone know that is wrong and that what common sense for
My opinion

Well, people know that stuff is wrong yeah, what about it people arn’t able to do it on almost every server because of prop-protection.

Also, they don’t have to roleplay they can do whatever they want… Because what ever they do they might not think it is RP but in the end it is

I don’t mean to make them roleplay all the time
I just want people to have common sense to avoid doing stuff that is obviously wrong

But there would be nothing that is wrong , because you can do whatever you want .

someone could go on a rampage. consistently across lives, in fact.
not to mention player/roleplay harassment

How about I’m holding a barrel and propkill you everytime you spawn? People can do anything, but within a limit. And everyone know that thing I just did is wrong, annoying people is wrong and so on

Yes, people could go on a rampage killing everyone, that could also do that in real life.

Harassment , sure they could do this to someone but than the person getting harassed could just kill him.

[editline]7th December 2016[/editline]

How are people suppose to prop kill, there is prop protection, in real life can someone magically pick up a barrel and make it fly around killing everybody no.

See, that’s where common sense for, they know propkill is unreal and wrong so they will avoid it
All about logic roleplay

Omg, Listen even if they didn’t know it was wrong they wouldn’t be able to do it they don’t need common sense to not be able to do something.

Just force players to follow rules example rp name make it so you cant make name like faggot 69 they have to chose from list

Yeah that is pretty much what is going on. They can’t do things that are against the list they can do everything else though.