[Error] All tools broken.

Hello, FacePunch.

I’ve been having a rather frustrating time trying to figure out what in the hell is wrong with my GMod.

Whenever I equip ANY tool, it returns this error, spamming endlessly in the console;

weapons\gmod_tool\shared.lua:150: attempt to call method 'GetInfo' (a nil value)

I have COMPLETELY reinstalled GMod, which didn’t work. I didn’t just do a regular uninstall, either; I deleted the local content through steam, then deleted the garrysmod folder from the Steam folder.

Without installing ANYTHING, it still returns that error. :downsbravo: Any ideas?

That happend to me before,sorry I cant help but I have one question for you.Are you using the tools in a save game you loaded up?Whenever I load a save game ALL my tools are fucked up.

I have the exact same problem. Whenever I load up a save-game, all of my tools spam LUA errors. Something about a nil value. Is there a fix for this anywhere?

Having the same problem, its really annoying, any fixes?

Really easy temporary fix for this, if it happens when you load up a save, just type kill in the console and they should all work again.

Another solution: Don’t use save games. Use Advanced Duplicator to save stuff.
Included in Wiremod. Use SVN to get Wiremod. SVN Tutorial: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=688324