"ERROR" and Purple/Pink buildings?

I just downloaded Gary’s Mod today, as I have heard it is a great experience. When I join servers, there are giant “ERROR” things everywhere, and almost everything, including the characters, are pink/purple. Has this happened to anyone else? Am I missing content or something? If this question was asked before, my apology. I didn’t know what to do. Thank you!

This is normal, i had it too, the problem is that you need a game for those textures.
I.E. If you use real life weapons, MOST guns/weapons use counter strike source for either the models, textures or the bullets. The models are either unfinished or wrong downloaded (its always recommended to download from the site the server is on. So you need to ask them what games are needed (most likely Counter Strike Source for most server) sorry i have to hurry before you leave watching this.
By the way, id like to say welcome to the Community if you didnt get such message before :slight_smile:

Thank you for the reply! It’s quite a shame I have to spend $15 more just to enjoy the game, as almost all servers use the textures from Counter Strike.

You can still DL CS:S Materials and Models without paying $15.