Error model and lua errors with contraption damage engine's shields

First things first, I know it’s not my hardware
Intel i7 920 at 2.67GHz not overclocked
6 GB of G.Skill ram
EVGA (nVidia) GTX275
~100 gigs free of hdd space
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Drivers AFAIK are up to date, as are Windows updates (just installed prior to me reinstalling gmod)

I had gotten it (the bubble shield generator) to spawn correctly once before, but as soon as I closed and reopened gmod the model became that of the wonderful ERROR (see screenshots below) with the following lua errors:

[@addons\contraption damage engine\lua\entities\shield_bubble_generator\init.lua:25]Tried to use invalid object (type IPhysicsObject) (Object was NULL or not of the right type)

and

[addons\contraption damage engine\lua\entities\shield_bubble_generator\init.lua:96] attempt to index field ‘CDamage’ (a nil value)

the interesting thing is, after I perma-deleted (shift+delete) the entire gmod folder, and reinstalled gmod and addons via svn (wiremod, adv duplicator, contraption damage engine, phx, RD2 and the wire model pack), it worked, but once again as soon as I reopened gmod it started giving the error model and lua errors again. Any insight would be appreciated as I couldn’t seem to find this anywhere else online or on the facepunch search (though there are a LOT of results for anything regarding ‘shield errors’). If any additional information is required I’ll do what I can to grab it. Sorry for the wall of text.

Screens

sorry if the images are a bit blurry, I can’t seem to get photobucket to keep them at 1440x900 :confused:

The lua errors are made as a result of the ERROR model having no physics or hitbox. Why it would use the ERROR model, I don’t know. What addon is that? If it’s a saved game you loaded, they are buggy.

thanks for the response, and sorry for the late reply (I hate work ><) the addon is the Contraption Damage Engine (http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=842812), I haven’t tried to save a game with it working and then testing it later, if I remember I’ll do it in the morning. I’ll also try and see if I can find the exact model that it uses from PHX and try manually spawning the prop. The odd thing is the error model shouldn’t be there in the first place since it spawns correctly (from the STool) until the first close and subsequent restart of gmod. After that, all I get is the ERROR model and resultant lua errors. :confused:

-snip-

I know this is old, but for the posterity of others (I know I was looking for this answer)

Right click with the tool. It makes the model of the shield generator whatever you right click on. You’re getting ERROR because it doesn’t have a default model, or something like that.