ERROR : Too many materials used, max 32 with Collision Mesh

Hey everyone, any idea why I’m getting this area when I try and compile a model with a collision mesh? I believe the collision mesh is the source of the problem but I don’t know how to sort out the materials for it. I created a simple material for it in Blender because I can’t export it without one even know it doesn’t really need one but I just keep getting this error. Is there a way I can apply a material to the collision mesh without it taking up so much material space? Thanks in advance.

1. how many materials are on the model?
  2. What does your qc file look like?
  1. It says 18 but I don’t understand why there’s so many for a few cubes

$modelname "props/modeltest.mdl"
$body body "modeltest.smd"
$staticprop
$surfaceprop "wood"
$cdmaterials "models\props\modeltest\"

$sequence idle	"modeltest.smd"

$collisionmodel	"phymodel.smd" {
	$concave
    $mass 20.0
    $inertia 1.00
    $damping 0.00
    $rotdamping 0.00
}

You’re most likely having a new material for each element. Make certain the whole physics model has only one single material.

if you have skingroup in qc, remove it and try again.

Yeah I think your right. There’s 7 cubes and I smoothed each of them separately before joining them into 1 mesh and then applying a material to that. Sorry to ask but, how would I make it so the collision mesh only has one single material? Thanks in advance.

I don’t have skingroup in my qc so I don’t think that’s the problem, but thanks for trying to help :slight_smile:

Could you try posting the SMD for both the physics model as well as the actual model on something like pastebin (you can just open them in notepad to get the text)

as making it have a single material - sorry, don’t use blender so not certain.

Hey, I had this problem now. In blender, triangulate faces before exporting worked for me. :slight_smile:

the smd exporter automatically does that
on the materials tab how many spheres are in the list?