Experimental branch crash. Rustclient.exe not responding. White screen.

Hi guys, I’ve been able to log into and play the experimental branch until a week or so ago when it’s starting crashing on launch.

When I select Rust from my steam library, it goes through the usual motions, and when I select experimental it opens the config screen, and no matter what options I select it opens a big white screen titled “Rustclient” and says that its not responding. This goes on until I am able to terminate the process, which takes ages and multiple attempts through task manager.

Strangely enough it also seems to affect my browser (chrome) while the unresponsive white screen is open, making pages load extremely slowly, or more often not at all.

I’ve tried re-installing the EAC, reinstalling, updating .net framework and changing from windowed to full screen and don’t know what else to do, which is disappointing since experimental almost seems to be in a playable state at the moment.

Any idea’s chaps?

I have the same problem :frowning:

Tried to load experimental and I was getting the same thing at first. After a few attempts I was able to get the main menu and select a server, but after selecting a server it wouldn’t move past building height, so I was stuck on a grey screen that simply said # building height or whatever it says when trying to load a map.

Specs?

AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0GHz
4GB memory DDR3
Windows 7 32-bit Ultimate
750 GB HDD (575 GB free)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460

For some reason I could only get information from my motherboard via device manager, and all it says is ACPI x86-based PC, hardware ID acpiapic.

I have this problem only when I start Rust through steam or when I start rust.exe. If I start RustClient.exe I can join on a Server, but I get kicked after a few seconds, because EasyAntiCheat is not running. That’s why I think EasyAntiCheat is the problem.

My specs:

Intel i7 2600k
8GB Ram
Windows 8.1 Pro
2x 120GB SSD / 1x 1TB HDD
2x AMD Radeon HD 7770

I’ve reinstalled Rust, but I still have this problem.