Experimental Error Code 6

I have no problem playing the regular version of Rust. However, when I try to play the experimental version I am given Error Code: 6. The EasyAntiCheat Bug Report comes up saying the game has crashed. Here is the info it gives me in that box:

GameID: 12
Windows Version: 6.1 (Build 7601)
64Bit System: Yes
64Bit Client: No
ErrorCode: 6
ErrorMsg: Failed to initialize the game process. Error Code: 6 Exit Code: 0
ServiceVersion: 2

Processes list:
[System Process]
smss.exe
csrss.exe
wininit.exe
services.exe
lsass.exe
lsm.exe
svchost.exe
winlogon.exe
nvvsvc.exe
audiodg.exe
AvastSvc.exe
spoolsv.exe
armsvc.exe
AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
mDNSResponder.exe
btwdins.exe
novacomd.exe
PassThruSvr.exe
taskhost.exe
dwm.exe
explorer.exe
taskeng.exe
PnkBstrA.exe
WCScheduler.exe
SSCKbdHk.exe
Rezip.exe
EasySpeedUpManager.exe
dmhkcore.exe
RichVideo.exe
WLIDSVC.EXE
RAVCpl64.exe
SynTPEnh.exe
WLIDSVCM.EXE
Steam.exe
PMB.exe
sidebar.exe
GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
BTTray.exe
CLMLSvc.exe
PDVD8Serv.exe
SearchIndexer.exe
AvastUI.exe
jusched.exe
iTunesHelper.exe
BTStackServer.exe
DivXUpdate.exe
AdobeARM.exe
SynTPHelper.exe
iPodService.exe
BluetoothHeadsetProxy.exe
wmpnetwk.exe
dllhost.exe
TurboBoost.exe
SteamService.exe
mscorsvw.exe
RustClient.exe
chrome.exe
jucheck.e

Any help on what any of that means would be greatly appreciated. I’d really like to see what this new version is going to look like!

Make sure Avast is configured to leave both Rust.exe and RustClient.exe in the experimental folder alone.

What’re the system specs on this Samsung machine? And is it a laptop?

Its a bit older. Its a Core i5, 2.27 ghz, 4 gb of ram, and Nvidia Geforce GT 330m. And yes, if you can’t tell by the mobile graphics card, it is a Laptop. How can I make sure that Avast is configured the way you say?

I don’t use Avast so I don’t know exactly where the buttons are and so on, but create exceptions. The error message you’re getting is probably EAC failing to start for some reason.

Try disabling Avast temporarily and see if that helps. If it does, we know the problem is with Avast.

Well, disabling it worked. I guess I’ll have to find out how to create exceptions for Avast so I don’t have to play with it disabled. Thanks for your help!

most recent version? i had the same issue with this, ended up having to disable it to play, and add an exception for EAC.

if so, do this;

go settings, antivirus. scroll down to exceptions and add it eac.exe manually, depending on where it got installed. otherwise when you try and start, avast should give it’s usual annoying popup to say it’s blocked it and moved to quarantine. click “add exception” in the popup, then go into the chest and restore it:)

got avast in 2009, was the best free AV i could find…these days its pretty crap in terms of advertising etc, but i still tolerate it for its decent protection.