Explain roleplay to me

Ok. So basically i’m new to gmod. I would like to know what a roleplay server is.

A server where a map is made to be like a city. different servers have different themes. Most are just criminals vs cops. You walk around and act like your living. if your a criminal you may break into peoples houses and rob them or sell drugs or guns. Cops job is to stop the criminals ect.

So now that you know what roleplay ISN’T, let me explain you what it is…

Roleplay is putting yourself in the mind of a character and playing as him,

Ex:

John Roger
EasyGoing

You’ll pretending be a 14 year old boy that is easy going.

Easy enough correct?

He said what gmod roleplay is. You’re wrong.

Hmm…?

How am I wrong…

Roleplay is playing the role of a character.

That’s what people call “DarkRP”. Which isn’t roleplaying,

Roleplaying( Role-Playing ) is the playing the role of a made-up character and developing him as if it were a real person. You can see the role-play terminology in the sticky at the top of the roleplaying section.

“Lite” gmod RP is basically the sims, but only one person, first person, and most of it is left to imagination

role-play   [rohl-pley]
–verb (used with object)
to assume the attitudes, actions, and discourse of (another), esp. in a make-believe situation in an effort to understand a differing point of view or social interaction: Management trainees were given a chance to role-play labor negotiators.
to experiment with or experience (a situation or viewpoint) by playing a role: trainees role-playing management positions.
–verb (used without object)
to engage in role-playing.
Origin:
1945–50

Well heavy rp is when you play a “role” IE: A hyperactive sportsman. You make a backstory and how he got to where he is.

If you mean a version of sims where everybody spawns with guns and full ammo and is a trained veteran military assassin FIB CIA SWAT gangster murderer.

Roleplay is simple: You pretend to be someone else, normally I take parts of my own personality and magnify them, but some totally changes themselves.

It’s just that, some elitist pricks might give a long explaination, but it’s like the pretend game at kindergarden, just abit more strict.

However, if you start off roleplaying at Garry’s Mod, you’ll never really learn it properly.

Roleplay is where you pretend to have a good life.

On garrysmod it’s mainly full of people shooting each other and pretending to be cops, although on that rare occasion you get a good server with lots of decent people and you enjoy yourself.

Darkrp isn’t Roleplay, It’s a begginers land to get people into ruining other peoples lives, when you get bored of darkrp you got to a stole PERP server and minge there, when your finished you move on to gmodbiz, get banned for saying that this admin fails because he spawned a c18 prop in rp_downtown_v2 then you move on to sandbox and randomly get banned for “Player slot reserved” Then you get really bored… take a few weeks off then you decied to make your own server which you really fail at then you try to manage your server while minges bags like you were trying to just rp when silly people on facepunch tryed to explain what role play is.