exporting issue

I want to port a TS12 model in Source, but when I compile the .smd files and insert all the compiled files in the game, all I got is an invisible model with the green halo.

I tried multiple times to export again every .smd with Cannonfodder’s plugins, reviewed the .qc and compiled with both GUI Studio and Crowbar, but the model is still invisible.

Then, I noticed that the .smd files are around 20 mb, and the compiled files (.vtx, .mdl etc) are barely 2-3 kilobytes… Dafuq is going wrong? .-.

Here’s the .qc file:


$modelname "bumblebee\bumblebee.mdl"
$scale 1
$body mybody "bumblebee_ref.smd"

$surfaceprop metal
$cdmaterials "models\bumblebee\"

$sequence idle "bumblebee_idle.smd" loop fps 1

$collisionmodel "bumblebee_phys.smd" { $concave }

And here’s the compile log of Crowbar:


Compiling with Crowbar 0.34.0.0: "C:\Users\Ale\Desktop\drgw_bumblebee\compile\bumblebee.qc" ...

  Compiling ".\bumblebee.qc" ...
    qdir:    "c:\users\ale\desktop\drgw_bumblebee\compile\"
    gamedir: "E:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life 2\hl2\"
    g_path:  "bumblebee.qc"
    Building binary model files...
    Working on "bumblebee.qc"
    SMD MODEL bumblebee_ref.smd
    SMD MODEL bumblebee_idle.smd
    SMD MODEL bumblebee_phys.smd
    Collision model completed.
    ---------------------
    writing E:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life 2\hl2\models/bumblebee\bumblebee.mdl:
    bones          676 bytes (0)
       animation       x       y       ips    angle
           @idle    0.00    0.00 :    0.00 (  90.00) 100.0
    animations     112 bytes (1 anims) (101 frames) [1:41]
    sequences      216 bytes (1 seq) 
    ik/pose        164 bytes
    eyeballs         0 bytes (0 eyeballs)
    flexes           0 bytes (0 flexes)
    textures         4 bytes
    keyvalues        0 bytes
    bone transforms        0 bytes
    bone flex driver       0 bytes
    collision        0 bytes
    total         1248
    ---------------------
    writing E:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life 2\hl2\models/bumblebee\bumblebee.vvd:
    vertices         0 bytes (0 vertices)
    tangents         0 bytes (0 vertices)
    total           64 bytes
    ---------------------
    Generating optimized mesh "E:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life 2\hl2\models/bumblebee\bumblebee.sw.vtx":
    body parts:         8 bytes
    models:            20 bytes
    model LODs:        12 bytes
    meshes:             0 bytes
    strip groups:       0 bytes
    strips:             0 bytes
    verts:              0 bytes
    indices:            0 bytes
    bone changes:       8 bytes
    everything:        72 bytes
    ---------------------
    Generating optimized mesh "E:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life 2\hl2\models/bumblebee\bumblebee.dx80.vtx":
    body parts:         8 bytes
    models:            20 bytes
    model LODs:        12 bytes
    meshes:             0 bytes
    strip groups:       0 bytes
    strips:             0 bytes
    verts:              0 bytes
    indices:            0 bytes
    bone changes:       8 bytes
    everything:        72 bytes
    ---------------------
    Generating optimized mesh "E:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life 2\hl2\models/bumblebee\bumblebee.dx90.vtx":
    body parts:         8 bytes
    models:            20 bytes
    model LODs:        12 bytes
    meshes:             0 bytes
    strip groups:       0 bytes
    strips:             0 bytes
    verts:              0 bytes
    indices:            0 bytes
    bone changes:       8 bytes
    everything:        72 bytes
    
    Completed "bumblebee.qc"
  ... Compiling ".\bumblebee.qc" finished. Check above for any errors.

... Compiling with Crowbar 0.34.0.0: "C:\Users\Ale\Desktop\drgw_bumblebee\compile\bumblebee.qc" finished.

the VMT parameters could be something other than “VertexLitGeneric”

Or check if there is “$no_draw” “1” in VMT and remove it.

All I got in the .vmt is



"LightmappedGeneric"
{
	"$basetexture" "models/bumblebee/2-8-2_473_cab_01"
}


And this is what I see every time:

[editline]24th September 2016[/editline]

I don’t think that’s something about textures.
As I said, the ref.smd is the right size (20 mb), and the compiled files are all 1-2 kb, which I think they are too small compared to the ref.

You are not supposed to use LightmappedGeneric, use VertexLitGeneric instead.

Still invisible.