Extracting models from an ISO

So I came across an ISO for one of my favorite PSP games. I would very much like to get the character models from it, and get them into 3ds Max so that I might try my hand at rigging them.

Unfortunatley I dont know anything about this, dont even know if its possible, and I was wondering if someone would be so kind as to lay out the steps that I would need to take?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Just an idea out of the blue. If it’s possible to emulate it on the computer, maybe 3d Ripper DX will work with it?

If you want the actual files you can use winrar or similar and hope there’s a conversion tool.

You could use Dolphin to extract the things from GameCube or Wii games (In your case, PSP isn’t supported by Dolphin), have a Wii or GameCube game in the right folder then Refresh your list. Afterwards right-click on a game in the list and select Properties, then go to Filesystem and pick what you want to extract by finding a .PAC or a .PCS, then you right-click on something in there and click Extract File… (The last step is to select where it should be extracted but you get the idea, right?)

You can use UMDGen to extract the iso, but anything other depends on game.

There are only 2 emulators that can run games and they both use OpenGL plus the compatibility is still low.

PowerISO works fine too, but tell us your game first. For example, Project Diva 2nd and Monster Hunter Freedom have different layouts when it comes to looking for model files/ect.

Tenchu: Time of the Assassins, not a particularly popular game, so I doubt there will be any helpful tools for it.