Eyes are rendering in HLMV, but not in SFM.

so i’ve been working on porting a model this past day or so, and i’ve got everything basically done and set up, and now i’m just moving onto the eyes.

it seemed to be perfectly fine, all the way through, but something really odd is happening and i’m not sure what. the model’s eyes are rendering in HLMV, but i can’t see them in SFM.
here’s example pix:

here’s my QC: (the $eyes attachment has smaller coordinate values because the model was scaled up 50x.)


$modelname "pokken\braixen"
$mostlyopaque
$scale 50
$model braixenqt	"braixen_body.smd" {
	flexfile "emptyflexes"
	eyeball braixen_eye_R "Head" -1.9 0 41.5 "braixen_eye_r" 1 2 "braixen_pupil_r" 5
	eyeball braixen_eye_L "Head" 1.9 0 41.5 "braixen_eye_l" 1 -2 "braixen_pupil_l" 5
	mouth 0 "mouth" "Head" 0 1 0
	
	flexcontroller eyes range 0 1 Blank
	flexcontroller eyes range -90 90 eyes_updown
	flexcontroller eyes range -90 90 eyes_rightleft
	localvar Blank
	%Blank = Blank
}
$surfaceprop flesh
$cdmaterials	"models\pokken\braixen"
$sequence bindpose "braixen_body.smd"
$attachment "mouth" "Head" 0 0 0 rotate 0 0 0
$attachment "eyes" "Head" 0 1.25 0.83 absolute
$eyeposition 0 0 70
$bodygroup Mouth
{
	studio "mouth_default.smd"
	studio "mouth_angry.smd"
	studio "mouth_attack_weak.smd"
	studio "mouth_concentrate.smd"
	studio "mouth_cranky.smd"
	studio "mouth_grin.smd"
	studio "mouth_grin2.smd"
	studio "mouth_hurt_big.smd"
	studio "mouth_hurt_small.smd"
	studio "mouth_smile.smd"
	studio "mouth_tired.smd"
	studio "mouth_upset.smd"
}
$bodygroup Ears
{
	studio "ears_normal.smd"
	studio "ears_down.smd"
	studio "ears_surprised.smd"
	studio "ears_up.smd"
}
$bodygroup Blush
{
	blank
	studio "blush.smd"
}
$bodygroup Eyelids
{
	studio "eyelids_default.smd"
	studio "eyelids_halfblink.smd"
	studio "eyelids_blink.smd"
	studio "eyelids_angry.smd"
	studio "eyelids_pain.smd"
	studio "eyelids_pain2.smd"
	studio "eyelids_wideopen.smd"
	studio "eyelids_blush.smd"
	studio "eyelids_blush_happy.smd"
	studio "eyelids_angry2.smd"
	studio "eyelids_blush_angry.smd"
	studio "eyelids_superangry.smd"
	studio "eyelids_angry3.smd"
	studio "eyelids_blush_sad.smd"
}


update:
i removed the eyelid mesh to try to make this easier to diagnose.

here’s an mp4 link

We found out the problem earlier, it’s because SFM doesn’t take kindly to the $scale command, so the model needed to be manually resized and re-exported to fix it.

(LATE EDIT: That, and the model was missing $attachment setups for “righteye” and “lefteye”.)