F0x's Resources Generator

F0x’s Resources Generator CLI (command line) & GUI

F0x’s Resources Generator has been coded with compatibility and speed in mind!
Qt makes it multi-platform so you can use it on Windows, Linux or Mac, there is also a CLI (command line) version for Windows, Linux and soon OSX.

What is it ?

This is a resource generator for garrysmod, it generates a spawnlist and/or a LUA resources list to allow clients to download files from your server, ex: materials, sounds, textures.
The generated list can be used for exemple to force the download of certain files by the clients connecting to your server.
It is also compatible with “Pointshop”, so you can easily generate new things for pointshop (Models & Hats).

How about the compatibility ?

It’s been coded with Qt, so you can use it on any recent operating system (Windows, Linux and OSX), there is also a CLI (command line) version for Windows, Linux and soon OSX.

Where can I download it (including the source code)?

Here, on the official website !

http://i.imgur.com/geFMQRy.png

CHANGELOG

# [CLI] 2017.01.31 Version 1.2.1 #
* Optimized arguments system

# [CLI] 2017.01.29 Version 1.2.0 #
* Added GMA files support

# [CLI] 2017.01.28 Version 1.1.2 #
* Fixed a bug in arguments

# [CLI] 2017.01.28 Version 1.1.1 #
* Fixed pointShop generation

# [CLI] 2017.01.28 Version 1.1.0 #
* Added PointShop support

# [CLI] 2017.01.28 Version 1.0.0 #
* Added CLI version

# 2015.01.20 Version 3.0.0 #
* Complete rewrite with Qt to make it multi-platform

# 2013.11.26 Version 2.06 #
* Added support for PointShop (Thanks to Stephan), now you can generate two new type of files, "PointShop Hat" and "PointShop Player Model" NOTE: When generating only .mdl files are included

This is a wonderful update.

Very handy tool, I use this frequently and push others who would need it to use it as well. :eng101:

Thank you :slight_smile:

I got a problem with your tool, I want to run it on my linux vps, but I require a screen for it… and I dont want to download the whole addons folder since it would take a year…

Everyone still does have errors :confused:

I know this is a late reply, but for anyone who has this problem, look up X11 forwarding. Can be done easily with Cygwin.

Can we get a tutorial on how to use the pointshop generation? Do i just generate it put that file in the Pointshop and put the model in the addons folder? Or do i have to create a models directory?

You put the desired lua file in …/lua/pointshop/items/playermodels.
And edit the price to your liking

Hi all, new CLI (command line) version added

CHANGELOG

# 2017.01.28 Version 1.0.0 #

* Added CLI version

Where can I download it (including the source code)?

Here, on the official website !

http://i.imgur.com/geFMQRy.png

Hey, have one a download for me? The site ist down.

Cool, but what’s the point of title “Resources Generator”?
At first, I thought that it generates resources. Then I read description and see only Resourcetree Generator.

Can one reuploadet?

(User was banned for this post ("No need to repeatedly ask" - Nookyava))