Facepunch ban

Hi there i was just recently playing rust on my friends server and was crafting at the workbench when suddenly it disconnected and when trying to connect back in it says Facepunch_connector_vac_banned

not sure why or what caused this to happen i have no desire to use cheats plus i don’t trust running cheats on my own system. Is there any situation or issues that could cause this to happen for some reasons because i have no idea why this would happen.

If there is anymore details you would like i will happily give them to get this issue resolved.

You cheated.

how can you clearly say that i have cheated when i will happily show and display everything possible to show i did not cheat, i enjoy my games such as rust and would never want to cheat

VAC has almost never had false positives.

it actually has, within my 6+ years of being with steam i have known multiple times where it has had a false report

Great news then, contact valve about your false positive ban, it will surely be lifted.

A hack was used on your account at some point, VAC detected it and waits a while before banning you. It has nothing to do with you being by a workbench crafting, it was when you were killing people 100 yards away with a hatchet, possibly a week ago, possibly a month.

Go and ask mother for another copy of Rust. FacePunch does not control VAC, Valve does. You got what you deserved.

erm to say in 25, wouldnt have seen that since i didnt show my age in profile, and to say i have only been playing rust for less than a week coming close to a week

[editline]23rd February 2014[/editline]

and i have contacted valve about this and awaiting there response as i said in my orig post was asking is there any issues or situation that could cause this to happen

Just a heads up… Nobody here will believe you didn’t cheat.

then if thats the case instead of instantly saying i didnt cheat there was a question within the post which everyone seems to be ignoring but thank for the heads up i appreciate it

“A hack was used on your account at some point, VAC detected it and waits a while before banning you. It has nothing to do with you being by a workbench crafting, it was when you were killing people 100 yards away with a hatchet, possibly a week ago, possibly a month.” - Me, about 4 posts ago…

You’re a cheater, lying about cheating, crying because you got caught. Your only option is to set up a new steam account and buy the game again. This time don’t cheat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhhspPIiyms

Thank you for the insightful video help me prove ealier that there have been false bans within steam.

if this was happening to you you would be doing the same thing as me, i dont cheat have no need or interest in cheating what so ever say what you want but i know what i know, i wouldnt want to be apart of steam for the length and cheat to risk this shit happening legit, but this has happening and i dont know why. I i guess this is all hows its going to be with this post so it might aswell be closed 1 or two of you have been help so thanks for that.

why are you trying so hard to convince us that you didn’t cheat?

even if anyone believed you here it wouldn’t matter, nothing can be done about VAC here.

What’s your steam Id?

in some way i am but im most ways i am not and i apologizes if i have been harsh at all, i let the “your cheating your cheating” comments get to me while i was stressed about this, but my main reason that i came here i guess is to see if theres anything that can be done Facepunch side since apparently my ban had something to do with facepunch but i guess i was wrong.

erm may i request why and what need?

Facepunch doesn’t deal with VAC, not our problem. and a steam ID, you were banned were you not? Post it, it’s 100% relevant. You’re the one that was banned after all.

Let me guess

you’ve cheated more than once?

Your steam account…?

you can find my steam id from the forums,

and thank you for all that information i will have to find something out cuz i know 100% i have never ran anything that modifies the game but as somone pointed out i dont need to make you guys believe me,

thank you for all your answers this will help me with my case to steam :slight_smile: