Failed to load sound "custom/lovethewayyoulie1.wav", file probably missing from disk/repository

Just like the title says, I get this error message in the console after triggering it.
I put the sound in cstrike/sound/custom/lovethewayyoulie1.wav
It’s about 15 seconds long.
I put a ambient_generic in the map and in the sound browser it plays the file just fine but when I trigger it ingame it won’t load and I get the message Failed to load sound “custom\lovethewayyoulie1.wav”, file probably missing from disk/repository
Other sounds, or custom sounds downloaded from other servers work fine.
I have also sv_downloadfilter all on.

Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I searched the forums but I couldn’t find an answer that fixes the problem. :frowning:

Try swapping the \ to a / in the ambient_generic.

What game are you running the map in?

It’s supposed to be in “cstrike/sounds/custom/lovethewayyoulie1.wav”, I just had this problem recently.

If it still doesn’t work, the source engine probably just doesn’t like Eminem :v:

Haha, i put it in sounds before but didn’t work either, I made it an mp3 and that worked somehow. And it’s in sound.

css

Thanks for replying guys

Thought I remember reading that you had to pakrat the .wav into the .bsp, though I could be completely wrong on this…

Yes, but that’s only when you want others to hear the sounds as well. I do that when I release the map.

Maybe it has an invalid sample rate, therefore it’s not being loaded. Make sure if it’s a WAV that it has a 44100KHz sample rate.