Fall of Cybertron Umodel "Can't find 'filename here' " and Placement for ActorXImporter

I have been giving Umodel another go in finding Megatron’s WFC form in the Fall of Cybertron Cooked files. I found them manually, but Umodel doesn’t seem to pick it up. I type in the proper name of the file and I keep getting a message saying that “TR_MegatronWFC2_ROBO can’t be found”. Is there something that I’m missing?

I’m also wondering what the proper file placement for the ActorXImporter for 3DS Max 2012 (I still have 3DS Max 2011 SDK for some reason). It tells me to put it in the maxscript folder but there are two of them. Which one is it?

Make sure the path is listed correctly and the extension is also there. Unreal engine is often modified so the extension can range from things like upk to uppc. It’s also just needed in general anyway.

Ex:
Rainbow Six

umodel.exe -export -md5 -path="C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2\KellerGame\CookedPC\Packages\Characters_Weapons_Props" RS5MPCharacters_Legs.uppc 

XCOM

umodel.exe -lzo -path="C:\Program Files (x86)\XCOM Enemy Unknown\XComGame\CookedPCConsole" Soldier_MaleCarapace_SF.upk 

It should just go in your “Scripts” folder.

Ex: C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2012\Scripts

Got it working, I used the export command, but I can’t get a view of it. What happened afterwords when I did the export command, and how can I get an image of what I did?

EDIT: Used the -meshes command, Umodel says the file “has no objects to display”. That doesn’t work either.

EDIT2: I apparently made a folder with files in them containing “TR_MegatronWFC2_ROBO_p.xxx” in them and other 2d textures when I did the export command. Still can’t have it viewed in like a model view. Can’t seem to get that right.

It could be that the target file you’re looking at doesn’t have files readable by umodel, such as character data and scripts rather than models and textures.

I guess that means it can’t read p.xxx files. Gonna have to search in there some more. Will update if anything shows up or other progress is made. I HAVE to get this right.

Files with the .xxx extension should be supported, but you can check the English forum for more info if necessary.

Too weird. I’ve seen other people like goregus get it right. Must be either that I’m using the wrong command, or something’s not right.

Most of the newer Unreal engine games have their models in the map .xxx files, the .xxx files that look like they contain the model you want are likely either empty or only contain the textures/material data.

This is done because of how consoles read files from disk, repeating the data across the disc/files reduces access and read times for levels and such.

You’re browsing files that have no meshes in them which is why umodel prints out “has no objects to display”. If you feel brave enough you can do the brute force way and place/extract umodel into your game directory itself and use a .bat file like this…

umodel’s console should pop up the viewer in no time.

I think I saw someone do this before. Never tried it myself, but I’ll give it a shot.

Edit: So I put the umodel.exe in the CookedPC folder and then input the batch code in the cmd black screen thing? I’m guessing that’s how it works.