The very kind Gravity Fletcher has sent me the code for the FalloutMod gamemode (originally made by Airslide with permission to modify it as I see fit).
I’m going to do a complete overhaul of the code - many ideas lined up, and I’m a pretty experienced coder.
Watch this space.
I’m serious, this is being worked on. It’s not dead.
Loads of ideas in the making.
Also, this is not based on Fallout 3. It’s somewhat similar - post-apocalyptic RPG - but none of the VATS crap or stupid retro-futuristic stuff.
Heck, I’ll just do the list of ideas right now. Some of this is ambitious, but I don’t give a shit. I’m doing it anyway.
- New melee combat system (think my JgcxSword).
- Weapon crafting.
- Proper survival system (sleeping, different types of fatigue, adrenaline).
- Proper experience system (doing an action many times makes you very good at that action, but also makes you better at actions similar to it).
- Proper building system - NO MORE TOOLGUN OR PHYSGUN. Anything you can’t do with your hands, you can’t do. This is realistic, dammit.
- No admins ingame. All done via an automated system - for instance, unless you’re a psychopath, you’ll feel your conscience when you kill an innocent. This will affect you. So don’t murder people, kids.
- Realistic human physical simulation - proper muscle fatigue, cardiovascular system, proper breathing (so you can stay for ages underway if you don’t move), digestion system, a functioning liver, depth perception, and a pulse. Okay, you can forget about the depth perception… Although you will be able to judge distances.
- Factions and stuff. This is a bit undeveloped so I’ll leave it at that.
- Proper physical damage system. If you’re pissed off at the fact that so many mods call themselves “realistic” because you do more damage to the head, and less damage to the foot, this is for you. There’s no “health”. The closest thing is blood volume. You get shot in the head, you die. Period. Shot in the foot, you move slowly, but unless you have haemophilia, you’re not going to die of blood loss. Also, you heal at a slow rate, depending on your metabolism, but you need to keep eating. There’s no health packs, but it’s very hard to die instantly.
- New custom animations - no more cheap hands moving from side to side. They’ll move like they should.
- Minimalized HUD. Obviously, no health. You don’t see your ammo. Because I’m sick of having to use “OOC” in shitty roleplaying gamemodes, you can talk globally.
:siren:**Check out the new Falloutmod steam group:**www.steamcommunity.com/groups/cerberusfallout :siren: