FarCry-RP

This has a request in it, i know they don’t go here but i can’t seem to find the request form for game-modes…

I am starting a project called FarCryRP i am only making scripts for exp, storage, etc… as of right now i don’t know weather to make a game-mode from scratch or use one as a base please comment on what you think.

{EDIT} this game-mode has nothing to do with the FarCry game - good game tho , lol.

Details on the game:

It is based off of a castaway scenario, where you have to build, harvest, work, and occasionally kill. You will be able to build small buildings, harvest fruit/vegetables, work with an (axe, hammer, and other tools), and i might add in crazy NPC’s or zombies (not sure yet). I will probably say this several times but it is most likely not even considered an alpha beta yet, there is no real game-mode just scripts for a game-mode.

I need more info on what kind of game-mode to use from the public before i can really make true ideas. I have them planned out for both tho so it doesn’t matter either way.

STATUS: WHAT I HAVE FIGURED OUT IF I USE IT. I AM NOT USING THE WHOLE AD-DON.

-EXP System - 100%, using expplus right now by Entoros link - http://www.facepunch.com/threads/758625-ExpPlus-Experience-Script Thanks Entoros.

-Inventory - 100%, using ItemForge - http://www.facepunch.com/threads/678322-Itemforge-An-items-system-for-Garry-s-Mod?highlight=itemforge
(Thanks TheJ89)

Shop System - 50% using PointShop - http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1022682-WIP-PointShop?highlight=PointShop (i might not just use that one) (Thanks _Undefined)

GUI/DERMA - 0% not using any i am still deciding on how i should make it look.

HUD - 0% I need to test some progress bars before i start it

Items etc… - 0% need to know if i am using a pre made game-mode or not.

Ideas - 90% thats an estimate

Anything else i will have to know if i am making a whole game-mode or not.

(NO IM NOT THE IDEAS GUY) - lol someone will flame if i don’t put this.

Please comment with suggestions/wants, or anything i guess.

I will throw in more ideas once i know what i am doing (making a game-mode from scratch or not)

some ideas that people told me -

Factions, like from Nexus, Cider and Tiramasu.
Character creation, with a description.
Stats, like an RPG.

P.S. if you can help with LUA, models, or mapping msg me.
P.S.S. i don’t know how to make like those menu’s you put in the post thing only one i know is [/img] sorry lol comment if you know, but tell me what they are in that comment

{EDIT} I AM NOT STEALING ANYTHING I HAVEN"T USED THEM YET. I AT MOST WAS ONLY GOING TO USE THEM AS EXAMPLE, THE PERCENT PART WAS WHAT I HAVE FIGURED OUT ( I AM USING SOME CODE FROM THESE ADD-ONS NOT THE ACTUAL THING, I HAVE TO STILL GIVE CREDIT THO)

Well, your definately not the ideas guy, but you ARE the code stealer. You better just not continue, you are making a gamemode using not 1, not 2, but 3 addons, which I highly doubt you asked permission for.

Good luck with these… and I don’t help thiefs.

sorry bout the bump, i didn’t steal anything actually. I haven’t got a game-mode made so there not actually being used, and i still gave them credit. I am sorry for not making it clear those are what i intend on using. I am also not doing anything i can’t be doing with them.

You don’t make a gamemode out of addons, AT MOST you can use SWEPS but not if they are a crucial part of the game.

Gamemodes are tied together, how do you plan on tying Point Shop, ItemForge, and ExpPlus together to work seamlessly?

I’m sorry but if you cannot script a simple thing such as an inventory or an exp system you should start somewhere else.

stealing addons to make a gamemode. this is just sad.

Don’t steal addons for your gamemode.
Look, maybe you shouldn’t start with making a gamemode from scratch. Use a base to begin with, like Tiramisu or Nexus.

Farcry 2 not 1. Seeing as long ago I wrote some ideas on paper. If only I could learn lua.

It appears as if he has absolutely no skill in LUA. Taking content from other scripters, then creating one big Fail Mod. Plus you have a Justin Beiber avatar, which makes this whole situation worse.

This thread is old, stop bumping it.

Dude seriously? Exp is basic common sense. Just use ply:NWInt(“exp”) and ply:NWInt(“level”)
then make a meta to save eveything. Inventory i’m not sure but point menu? Use a Pdata money. It’s not rocket science…
Function buy(ply)
if ply:GetMoney() == 100 then
ply:TakeMoney(100)
ply:Give(“weapon_lazor”)
ply:ChatPrint(“thank you please come again”)

else

ply:ChatPrint(“are you trying to scam me bitch?”)

end
end
concommand.Add(“buylazor”, buy")

Function buy(ply)
if ply:GetMoney() >= 100 then
ply:TakeMoney(100)
ply:Give(“weapon_lazor”)
ply:ChatPrint(“thank you please come again”)

Farcry was nothing of this but i had an idea serveral years ago for a Farcry 2 RP

Any gamemode that uses a mainstream game title and puts the letters “RP” after it is going to fail. Stop making these threads.

Not always.
Fallout RP for example.

Yes always.
Fallout RP for example.

LOL at above post, please at least attempt at learning lua before trying to make a gamemode.

Is it only me theat thinks this sounds like a bad copy and try to steal “Stranded”.

thanks for the unnecessary bump on an obvious troll thread.