FastDL is being a bitch ;/

I can’t seem to get FastDL to work on either of my Garry’s Mod servers. The url i am using to download is http://104.237.130.239/gmod/ I set up an apache web server but it seems to not want to download, and no, I dont have the extra “/” at the end of the URL in the server.cfg. I have even tried allowupload and allowdowload 1 and zero

You need to compress everything with BZip.

Last time I checked, I don’t think compression is required. It is just supported to make people download faster.

[editline]31st December 2016[/editline]

Can you copy and paste the exact command in the server.cfg you are trying to use to make people download the content. It should be sv_downloadurl “http://104.237.130.239/gmod” without a trailing slash and sv_allowupload/sv_allowdownload should both be set to 1.

It is with FastDL. With ServerDL it is not.

I’ve hosted FastDL numerous times without BZip compression mainly because it was on the owner’s request. According to https://maurits.tv/data/garrysmod/wiki/wiki.garrysmod.com/index70e8.html and https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Sv_downloadurl, it is extra and not required.

You should delete the gamemode folder, this shouldn’t be public

and you need to add every file, you want in your fastdl with
resource.AddFile(“path/to/stuff”)

What folders are inside your FastDL and are you queuing the files on your Garry’s Mod server to download them?

This is my gmod-server.cfg (i used Linux Game Server Manager to install it)

// Hostname for server.
hostname “FurFags Forreal Vanilla Sandbox”

// RCON - remote console password.
rcon_password “;^)”

// Server password - for private servers.
sv_password “”

// Server Logging
log on
sv_logbans 1
sv_logecho 1
sv_logfile 1
sv_log_onefile 0
lua_log_sv 0

sv_rcon_banpenalty 0
sv_rcon_maxfailures 20
sv_rcon_minfailures 20
sv_rcon_minfailuretime 20

// Network Settings
sv_downloadurl “http://104.237.130.239/gmod
sv_loadingurl “”
net_maxfilesize 64
sv_maxrate 40000
sv_minrate 40000
sv_maxupdaterate 66
sv_minupdaterate 10
sv_maxcmdrate 60
sv_mincmdrate 10

// Server Settings
sv_airaccelerate 100
sv_gravity 600
sv_allow_wait_command 0
sv_allow_voice_from_file 0
sv_turbophysics 0
sv_max_usercmd_future_ticks 12
gmod_physiterations 4
sv_client_min_interp_ratio 1
sv_client_max_interp_ratio 2
think_limit 20
sv_region 0
sv_noclipspeed 5
sv_noclipaccelerate 5
sv_lan 0
sv_alltalk 1
sv_contact jagar1183@gmail.com
sv_cheats 0
sv_allowcslua 0
sv_pausable 0
sv_filterban 1
sv_forcepreload 1
sv_footsteps 1
sv_voiceenable 1
sv_voicecodec vaudio_speex
sv_timeout 120
sv_deltaprint 0
sv_allowupload 1
sv_allowdownload 1
r_decals 200
r_spray_lifetime 2

(Sorry for the late reply to anyone who actually cares enough, i was in Mt. Vernon all weekend, I didnt have my desktop with me.)

In your client and/or server console, are there any sort of errors? And, in your cfg folder is the config file called server.cfg or gmod-server.cfg? It should be called server.cfg or it will not run. Also, next time when you are posting your server config, make sure to blank out any sensitive information the first time. People who are subscribed to threads are able to see the original message in the email they receive. You should also consider moving your RCon password to the command line by adding +rcon_password “INSERT_RCON_PASSWORD_HERE” into the command line.

Another thing to consider is getting rid of all that unnecessary junk in your server config! Most of the stuff in your config is already set like that by default. I took the liberty of cutting out unnecessary things and adding a few comments for you to consider.

http://pastebin.com/tzqq9HSj