FastDL issue

Hello. I’m hosting a dedicated server and a IIS server at home. I’m having a hard time trying to configure the FastDL thing to download things from the web server. I have this in server.cfg:

"sv_downloadurl" "http://*my ip address*/garrysmod/"
"sv_allowupload" "1"
"sv_allowdownload" "1"

and I have the following folders inside a folder called ‘garrysmod’ on the web server:
cache, materials, models, sound

In ‘cache’ I have the server’s lua cache file. In the other folders I have the custom stuff which I want the clients to download automatically.
The weird thing is that only very few files get downloaded, and all others including that lua cache don’t. I have no idea what could be causing it.

Btw. The IIS web server I’m placing the stuff on can be accessed from the internet, I’ve configured everything correctly, ports forwarded, website is public, etc. So I’m sure the problem is not on the side of the web server.

Any help will be appreciated :slight_smile:

Hello Jack,

Try going into your Garry’s Mod options and clicking the multiplayer tab, at the bottom right it will have a dropdown box for custom content downloads, make sure you have your setting at “Allow all custom content to be downloaded.”

Good luck!

Thank you for a quick response :slight_smile:

But gawd… It actually came out that it was my webserver’s fault. I had to do some stuff with MIME types and what not to fix it. Anyways, I got it all sorted out eventually :stuck_out_tongue: It’s working fine (for now at least).