FastDL Refuses To Work

I just purchased a VPS, installed the dedibox, yadda yadda yadda. I set up my server (DarkRP) and everything seems to be going smoothly. But now I can’t access the server because the map won’t download when I try to join. Now this is what I did.

I tried to follow a thread on here back from 2010 on how to set up Dropbox as a FastDL. I did everything it told me to do, but the FastDL still isn’t working properly. And, from what I can see, Dropbox isn’t the exact same as it was a few years ago, as I had problems following a couple steps, like accessing a nonexistent public folder.

I’ve been spending literally hours today trying to get this shit to work, it’s 1:15 AM right now and I’m pissed. Please, I’ve searched every tutorial, perused every goddamn video on the subject. Can someone please give me a step-by-step or point me in the right direction?

And before you ask, yes, I added the commands “sv_downloadurl”, “sv_allowdownload” and “sv_allowupload”. I think it’s an issue with Dropbox because whenever I enter the URL, it doesn’t look quite right, even though the URL is correct - it leads to the garrysmod directory.

EDIT:
This was the thread I was following: http://forum.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=899166

The map is “rp_downtown_v4c_v2”, could file size be the issue?

If someone could help me out, that would be much appreciated.

Is the map zipped to a bz2?
and configured in server.cfg?

And i bet you got the wrong dropbox url for public, check again
and dropbox is terrible for FASTDL i used to use.

No, it’s not. Could someone help me out with zipping it to a bz2? I’ve heard about it but I don’t understand how to do it.

And could someone please explain to me what I have to do exactly to set up my Dropbox so it works properly?

[editline]3rd December 2013[/editline]

Please, I REALLY need help with this, or else my server is useless. I need someone to explain to me in detail how to set up Dropbox and do all that other stuff… I’ve been waiting for hours.

Is it because I’m using a large map, or would it download regardless of how big the files is and how long it takes to download in-game, if FastDL was working correctly?

Alright, I went into my server’s console and found this message when it logged me trying to connect:

“CreateFragmentsFromFile: ‘maps/rp_downtown_v4c_v2.bsp’ size exceeds net_maxfilesize limit (16 MB)”

But how do other people get their maps to download?