The server I run just received a new upgrade- a FastDL directory. There’s a problem though.
It doesn’t download stuff properly.
I made a test to see what happens- I removed one map and one addon from my garrysmod folder, to see if the server will make me download them.
It did download the map, I was happy to see that. Then it also “downloaded” the addon. I was inside the server and started spawning entities from the addon mentioned. Errors.
So it seems it does work with maps, but not addons.
I’ve learned that all the addons on a FastDL server have to be extracted from their addons/folder dir to the root dir of gmod, meaning garrysmod/.
It took me long, but I did transfer the files in the way mentioned. Still- nothing.
I’ve tried all the server cfg settings-
I’m sure the sv_downloadurl is correct, because it did download the map. I’m also updating the cache after performing any changes. I’d be grateful for some help, guys.