FCVAR_SERVER_CAN_EXECUTE prevented server running command?

Whenever I try to drop cash on my server with the command “gm_rp_dropcash” i get this spammed in the console. The way i execute the command is typing /drop and when i do so i get spammed with

FCVAR_SERVER_CAN_EXECUTE prevented server running command: gm_rp_dropcash

FCVAR_SERVER_CAN_EXECUTE prevented server running command: gm_rp_dropcash

How many threads can you make in the space of a few days?

ConCommand() was blocked in a Steam update a month or so ago but I believe Garry made it still work for Gmod with a fix not too soon after.

Is your server up to date?

If so can you show us some code? Not psychic here. :v:

Lua isn’t impliemented in other Steam games.

That doesn’t make the C++ ConCommand function nonexistant.

-snip

Well, by Steam update he obviously meant a GMod update.

Either way, what he said was wrong. Garry didn’t block the ConCommand function, he just toggled the FCVAR_SERVER_CAN_EXECUTE flag on all convars, then realised that was a dumb thing to do.

It was a Steam update for source to stop players executing con commands server side using that function not just for Gmod.

People complained a lot about admins abusing it (supposedly) in TF2 from what a friend told me (could be wrong.)

The Lua is just an interface to the C++ equivalents in Source.

Meh, I sure hope this gets fixed soon.

What’s happening is that the engine senses that you have used a console command that has a blocked word in it. Some of these words that are most common have “ent” I believe. It’s quite hard to get used to though because concommands are pretty much the only way to send stuff to the server. Even Datastream, the other used method for sending info to the server, uses concommands to send the data to the server. Chat commands are the only alternitive in my prospective. You’re chat commands will not be blocked, and will always be parsed by the server.

Good luck,
Gbps