February 2021 - News - s&box

There's a lot of times in code you need to check whether you're in water and do something different. For this reason I wanted to get this done as soon as possible so we didn't have to go around changing a ton of code after we added it.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://sbox.facepunch.com/news/feb2021
23 Likes

The shadows and lights of Source 2 are stunning. Excellent work guys.

5 Likes

Ayyy, well done. Good progress as always!

2 Likes

Everything you show looks absolutely awesome. Great work! Take your time with going early access :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Whenever you go early access, just add those you can think wont rush you. Personally I prefer quality over quantity, and that comes with time. But amazing work done so far, to everyone, Garry; Layla and Sam! :heart:

3 Likes

great work

2 Likes

Can’t wait to see the modders work on the game :grinning:

1 Like

I think that you have done enough for this month.
Doing good work and keep it up.
No need to rush with testings, take your time! :clinking_glasses:

1 Like

Impressive progress, I can’t wait to see what people do once they get their hands on early access.

1 Like

Looks great, can’t wait to setup a server for it.

2 Likes

Really exciting news! Layla’s work with improving the import workflow will be so useful later on.

2 Likes

Amazing stuff, no need to rush with the early EA especially since you guys have a great pace right now, better do stuff you think it’s needs to be done before someone points out something else and make you guys go off track.

2 Likes

amazing work as always :smiley:

2 Likes

I love it <:)

2 Likes

This is a huge work from the Facepunch team.
Can’t wait to test this s&box game and see how it goes!
I can’t imagine we’re already at the “very early access” moment :sweat_smile: :wink:

2 Likes

уряяяяяя :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

1 Like

Absolutely loving what we’ve got here. I’m working on my own project right now and had to deal with the same issue of feeling like I didn’t get much done until I looked back at the list of what had actually been done. It’s no joke, this month’s put a lot of good work in for the content creators of S&Box; Source content creation escapes me mentally, everything but the programming was understandable but this all makes perfect sense to me.

I love it. Here’s to a good March.

3 Likes

Great progress so far, the blending cubemaps looks nice! I’m super excited for the custom asset types, they’ll be super useful in creating frameworks and libraries.

A question about water; is the fluid implementation generic? How easy would it be to as an addon creator to make a honey fluid alongside water?

1 Like

All of this looks just perfect, good work guys.

I regret switching engines less and less, it looks like Source 2 in the hands of facepunch can be even more flexible than UE4, a question of a few months.

2 Likes