Feedback on pvp mechanics as they are.

So after playing for a few hours on rust today on both battlefield servers and some vanilla rust servers, I’ve come to conclude 2 things about the PvP of Rust as it currently stands and why I think the way I do of it. This is mostly feedback and not really suggestions like the other threads I’ve made.

So far today I’ve noticed that there been this strange implementation to stop people from effectively hip firing at any range. While what they did would be a clever fix if hip firing was a huge problem in the game’s gun play, it really wasn’t a problem, at least I didn’t feel like it was. It feels like the aiming in the game is sluggish now, more so than it should be. Rust is too quick of a game to have RO2 styled hip firing especially with how it’s implemented right now.

The other thing that I think is weird about how rust plays involves how metal armors are designed. I was playing on a battlefield rust server earlier in order to get used to the change to the gun play when I stumbled upon a server where players were equipped with bone armor instead of road sign or metal armor. The result was actually pretty surprising. Because the damage being blocked by the armor wasn’t so high, it actually made combat more fun and skill based. What ended up happening was that battles were won by who landed more shots consistently on their enemy. There were only two places where shots really mattered, the head and the rest of the body. The level of simplicity actually raised the skill cap. People were coming at me with AKs and Bolts but I was able to kill multiple people with the Semi because I was a better shot and hit them more consistantly. It felt like it removed a luck factor where you may or may not do damage to a person you shot because even though you shot them in the head it didn’t hit them in the eye so it only did about 20 damage.

I really like the PVP in rust though elsewhere. I actually don’t mind the bullet travel timed that much and instead actually come to like it. I also enjoy the recoil of the guns as they have been tweaked. But I encourage you guys to go on battlefield servers and romp around with guns for a little bit to see if you guys feel the same way I feel.

sffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfd dffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddf fddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffd fdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsf fsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddf fddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffd dffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfd fdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffs fddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffd dffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddf fdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfd sffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfd dffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddf fddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffd fdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsf fsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddf fddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffd dffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfd fdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffs fddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffd dffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddf fdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfd sffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfd dffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddf fddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffd fdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsf fsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddf fddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffd dffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfd fdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffs fddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffd dffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddf fdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfd sffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfd dffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddf fddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffd fdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsf fsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddf fddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffd dffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfd fdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffs fddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffd dffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddf fdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfd sffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfd dffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddf fddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffd fdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsf fsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddf fddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffddffdfdfdsffsfddffddffd dffdfdfd

One major aspect of this game is to get better gear by grinding or raiding other people so you can have better advantage on your next battle. If it only centers around pure gunplay skill then what makes this game more unique other than regular shooter?

I don’t have a big problem with people having better gear, but when the armor didn’t absorb the insane amount of damage that the metal armor did it made the game more fun. Without facemasks players were rewarded for headshots rather than penalized for it. Lack of metal chest plate happened to make mutual spray downs less about who was unlucky enough to hit the chest plate more and instead about who better got their shots on target. I don’t want metal armor removed because it has its place I rust. I just think they need to rework it because headshot damage is too easily absorbed and so are chest shots to a lesser extent.