Few development questions about Rust

Hello everyone,

I’m new to the forums and I have just registered. I like the game really much and found out it was made with Unity. I have few questions addressed to the developers mainly but if some of the players know please answer too :slight_smile:

1. Your UI - is it made with canvas or Adobe Flash (Scaleform plugin for Unity). If it’s with canvas how did you make drag n drop feature?
  2. Did you made your terrain in WorldMachine or you made it with Unity editor?
  3. In what language the game is programmed? C# or JS?

This might be the wrong forum but I didn’t find anything else sorry.

3.Do you think JS is ideal enough to make Rust as it is now ?

“As part of these changes above we’re making a run at changing the UI. This is something we’ve been wanting to do for a while. At the moment we use a GUI system called NGUI. It’s the devil. Our version of the devil is quite a bit worse though because it’s been chopped up and edited. So we’re working to get rid and use DFGUI – which is what all the menu, chat and popup notifications use.”
Source: PlayRust.com front page, the game’s official development blog and homepage

Here are some screen shots of possible UI changes from the Rust Trello page - https://trello.com/c/rWmtt09d/48-ui-concepts

Thanks for replying.

@Exre
I don’t know, never programmed anything big for Unity. Only done Char Dev system in UDK(US3) and CryEngine 3 (C++) by tutorials of course.

@elixwhitetale
I’ve seen the development blog but I didn’t see what technologies you used. Now that you quoted it I see that I don’t read… Sorry

@Obviousman
WoW they look a lot better than the current ones

Thanks. I only need to find out if how Rust devs made the terrain :slight_smile: I mean what software they used, not the process :slight_smile:
Also are there any Rust development videos on youtube? I searched “development diary” or “development” but found nothing :frowning: