file.Find includes files with excess ~s for no reason.

] lua_run PrintTable(file.FindInLua(GAMEMODE.LuaFolder.."/gamemode/core/libraries/*.lua~"))
> PrintTable(file.FindInLua(GAMEMODE.LuaFolder.."/gamemode/core/libraries/*.lua~"))...
1	=	cl_entity.lua~
2	=	sv_entity.lua~
] lua_run PrintTable(file.FindInLua(GAMEMODE.LuaFolder.."/gamemode/core/libraries/*.lu"))
> PrintTable(file.FindInLua(GAMEMODE.LuaFolder.."/gamemode/core/libraries/*.lu"))...
] lua_run PrintTable(file.FindInLua(GAMEMODE.LuaFolder.."/gamemode/core/libraries/*.lua"))
> PrintTable(file.FindInLua(GAMEMODE.LuaFolder.."/gamemode/core/libraries/*.lua"))...
1	=	cl_chatbox.lua
2	=	cl_entity.lua
3	=	cl_entity.lua~
4	=	cl_inventory.lua
5	=	sh_help.lua
6	=	sh_hook.lua
7	=	sh_item.lua
8	=	sh_laws.lua
9	=	sh_log.lua
10	=	sh_plugin.lua
11	=	sh_team.lua
12	=	sv_chatbox.lua
13	=	sv_commands.lua
14	=	sv_container.lua
15	=	sv_entity.lua
16	=	sv_entity.lua~
17	=	sv_inventory.lua
18	=	sv_item.lua
19	=	sv_player.lua
20	=	sv_propprotection.lua

I’ve started sharing my lua files with my netbook so I can code when I get bored on the go.
However, since it uses linux, it has an annoying habit of creating backups with ~s on the end of their filename, which dropbox picks up and shares, meaning they end up in my gamemodes folder.
I wouldn’t really care about this if it wasn’t for the fact that file.FindInLua seems to think that sv_entity.lua~ matches the pattern “.lua", which it quite clearly doesn’t.
I tested if it was including anything after the pattern by searching for "
.lu”, but that came up with nothing.
So why is this happening, and how do I stop it, other than routinely culling the unwanted files?

Try placing this in autorun:

[lua]local FindInLua = file.FindInLua

function file.FindInLua(path)
local tab = FindInLua(path)
local ext = path:match(".+%.(.+)$")
if not ext then
return tab
end
for k, f in ipairs(tab) do
if !f:find(".+%."…ext…"&") then
table.remove(tab, k)
end