Film set problem...

This thread is closed, thanks for your help.

Breaking the laws of physics?
That’s easy!

Dude its gmod, it egaculates in the face of physics.

Its a physics sandbox.

and its spelled “Ejaculation” or “ejaculates” :science:

And an answer to your problem, I suppose something like NO COLLIDE Would work. Or some good camera angles or… Why am i telling someone how to make gmod movies in the gd? bring your problems to the correct sub forum dumbass.

Its a very general questions so im asking in the GD ok? And no i already tried NO COLLIDE, it doesn’t work.

Garry’s Mod discussion goes in the proper Garry’s Mod board.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:7xi1LVPsRlhOgM:http://i753.photobucket.com/albums/xx175/Sveinhund/large-green-checkmark.png&t=1

ok well im very sorry for putting it in the wrong forum, but could i still get some helP?

Not very many people from garrysmod discussion come to GD. You’re better off taking this to the video subforum.

You just got banned like a week ago for posting in the wrong section. Please take a quick second to read before posting. If a moderator could move this, that would be great.

To be honest, your best bet would probaly be to Greenscreen the lazer/bullets (This will require some video editing)

Either that, or you’ll need a custom SWEP that fires lazers/bullets through props.

Just a question: Do the bullets and lasers still have to have physical properties? I.E: Killing people after passing through the prop?

Maybe you can find some way for it to work, if not, use phys_timescale to slow it way down.

Or, maybe you can do phys_timescale 0, shoot the bullets, noclip it with the prop you are trying to shoot through, then put it at .01 or something to cap it in slow motion.

Thats a very good question, no they do not have to have physical effects or infact really be bullets/lasers, they just have to looks like the real thing.

I was thinking about doing it holographically, do you think thats a good idea?

why not just use the physgun (while set to invisible) look through a camera you’ve set up, and use a shell effect? effects automaticly dont collide with anything.