Fire crashes my garrysmod

whenever anythign catches on fire it intantly crashes my garrysmod this happened ever since i got it on my laptop
specs:
intel duo cpu T2450 @2.00GHz
Mobile Intel 945 express chipset family
1 gig ram
windows 7 ultimate 32bit

what can i do to fix this?

Pentium 4 processor (3.0GHz, or better), 1GB RAM, DirectX® 9 level Graphics Card, Windows® Vista/XP/2000, Mouse, Keyboard, Internet Connection

phenome 2.4 x4
4gigz ddr2
8800gt xXx alpha dog’s sli
a ba case

try lowering graphics settings.

that doesn’t work uninstall reinstall

if that doesn’t work you have the little train that couldn’t.

that graphics card probbably cant handle GMod, 1 Gig ram isnt to recommend either

righ click garrysmod in the steam menu go to properties then press “Set lunch options” put “-dxlevel 80” there without the quotes. if that dosent work try 70 instead of 80. however doing this might fix your problem but cause others, i really recommend getting a graphics card that can handle it

yah im on an old laptop so i cant get a new graphic card
thx tobba il try that

looks like i have a little train that cant oh whell il just stay away from fire explosions getting shot shooting and various other effects

[editline]12:22PM[/editline]

you think with a graphic card that bad im gonna be running on high quality?

I had a bad graphics card once integrated in with my pc i didn’t crash when i see fire try updating directx and graphics card via windows update or something! :s

this graphic card sucks so much it skrews up starcraft
anyway how do i undo the -dxlevel 70 thing?

-dxlevel 81

lol no but my EEpc can run source games. its running the same chipset but i think its the 945. 2ghz or something to that effect.

haha ohwel take a full install on dvd to the library and run it from the cd =D