Firefly mods, we need them

I think I can reasonably assume that the majority of us are Firefly fans, and the the majority of us would love to see some good maps out there, replicas of Serenity, full system space builds, this stuff is possible. If we got some of the best mappers out there on this, we could bring unto this world a masterpiece to redefine the word “epic.” You’ve got to stand fore something, let it be this. Fill this thread with the words of the people, let it been seen that it must be done. Trust me, if enough people want it, it is going to happen. Lets do this, people, we have waited long enough.

“I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar”

Hoban 'Wash' Washburne

I love firefly. and that would be freaking AWESOME.

I know, right? I’m so surprised that a community of tens of thousands of total nerds has not made this stuff by now. By the shizzle, sorry about the “ned” in the thread title.

Hey, Doc, it seems, sadly, that we are the only ones who feel this way. If I can get you email, I’m sure we can turn this around

pft.

This sucks.

So what you’re saying, GrassStain, is:

“Hey guys! I want a bunch of people to make this mod for me. Since I can’t do any of it myself and am too lazy to learn anything new, I will bug as many people as possible until someone agrees with me in a thread and I bitch about how no one wants to make the mod. I will then blame the mod’s non-existence on the mod community, rather than the fact that a mod takes a long time and a lot of people to make. To make sure my point gets across, I will whine about how Nobody listens to the communities ideas!”

A lot of people wanting something does not make something happen. People actually doing something makes things happen. If you want Firefly maps, why not just learn how to map?

-Accidental double post-

That double post totally fucked you in the ass ,huh?

Really? You bumped a thread from January to say that?

No, he did it in a futile attempt to revive his idea. I think.

Really? You bumped a thread from 6 hours ago to say that?

Nah, but if he really was trying to revive the idea I think that he would… maybe… post about it.

I find this discussion quite interesting and thought provoking. GrassStain I urge your to continue your neverending battle of wits with TJ F.

whats firefly? if its something interesting i might help :slight_smile:

and wait, did i just bump a thread from 17 minutes ago?

You would need a large amount of custom textures and models for such a thing, the problem is that there aren’t many people in the source modding community that are good at making them and just about all of the ones that are good at making them are already on a mod team.

You also wouldn’t be able to make a good detailed map as the source engine map size/entity/bush/etc limits are extremely low, you can’t even make more then a few detailed city blocks before hitting the limits.

You could ask valve to remove the source limits http://www.valvesoftware.com/contact but don’t get your hopes up.

The best television show.

You can watch it here:

(and yes there is only one 14 episode season as fox decided to be evil and cancel it)

ill be sure to check it out later. thanks!

Theres a firefly mod for the space simulator game orbiter, would probably be better as you can like actually fly around space and shit.

Unless you can walk around inside the ship in that game, then it’s not better. The focus in the show is on characters and the inside of the ship.

I like this idea though I don’t think it will ever come to life.

There is a movie for it too, with the same actors, named “Serenity”.

1.i dont understand why the fuck you did a “beutiful” speech about this.
2.fail thread is fail thread.
3.how would you get the best mappers hmm?
i aggree the show is awesome,but i think it should stay as a show.
and you made it seem like “HIYA I HAVE ALL THIS BULLSHIT I WANT Y’ALL TO GO THROUGH SO THAT WE HAVE THIS FYAFLY MAWD!WHILE U DO THAT ILL SIT DOWN AND SHIT ALL DEY WHILE U DO THIS!”
sorry,but the idea is fail to me :frowning: