First Contact - Recon time encounters new life forms.

Hello again folks, been a while since I last made anything with gmod. Lord knows why, but I had the urge to start editing again, so here’s a concept test I did to get back into the swing of things and to test some ideas for a possible comic.

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/3605/firstcontact.jpg

Before anyone cries about it being too big, right click and click view image to see it in your screen size.

Couldn’t get the shadows for the ground to work properly, so decided to just leave them out, which makes the feet look a tad out of place. Boo hoo.

Comments would be appreciated.

Silly buggers walked RIGHT into the alien’s mouth…

neat

Who the hell are you.

Oh Is that pyren?
He looks a bit transparent.
Like a ghost.

Pretty good, you are like another Ben Wolfe, but slightly better

Cool posing, models and picture. The characters could do with some shading though to bring them to life.

Pretty good.

hes staring at the hev suits like a pedophiler

Hm the more I look at it, the more the characters look really cartoony and pasted on, partly because of the lack of shadows. Was this intentional?

Scary, moments ago you were unbanned when I read your post.

But not forgotten it seems. Nice work.

The eyes that are edited on look really copy pasted, but the posing is pretty awesome.

And I like big pictures, so I have no problem with that.

The picture’s cool, and my request again…Could anyone upload Lost Planet models again?

PYREN! <3

I think the HEV helmet could have used a bit of editing. It just looks a bit out of place.

But other then that, cool pic.

my man pyren

Thanks for ze comments my friends, much appreciated.

Don’t quote me on this, but i think it actually IS a ghost. We should probably call someone about that…

<3
I’ll admit it, I got kinda lazy by the time I got to the HEV guys. My B.

Will try more of that next time. No promises though, I get kinda lazy.

Totally. <_<
In truth, no, I’m still a bit out of touch with this whole editing lark and kinda messed up with that.

And good lord, I just noticed I typo’d team to ‘time’ in the title. Now I feel like a muppet.

The HEV suits look out of place.

Woah, it’s been a while since I’ve seen you. Good work. You haven’t lost the touch.

Ouch lol.

Nah, it’s looks good Pyren, good writing too.

I’ve read the introduction log and I must say that Alpha Centauri is the most overused name in sci-fi…