Fix Jigglebones?

As the title says… I’m aware the jigglebones work on the only two valve models that had them… (The Antlion Worker and Chell)…

But on every custom model I’ve tried to incorporate Jigglebones into, it causes them to stretch and distort, and they don’t jiggle.

At the same time, the exact same model will act perfectly in any other Orange Box game.

Here’s an example:

http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/1074/whoahlycrapxf4.png

This same model works flawlessly in Episode 2, and in model viewer.

I also attempted to use them on Lucario’s ears from Brawl, and this time gave him custom animations, and still had the same issues.

I don’t know what causes it but all my attempts have failed. Their must be a reason… Obviously at the time Garry added support for the Orange Box, jigglebones were not very well known and nobody had used them for customs yet.

I love using them and it can add just the right touch to a model, weapon and etc, and I’d love to see them in full working order.

At the same time, doesn’t fake factory use them on his Alyx models, and don’t they work perfect in Gmod? Perhaps it’s all my fault?

As a final note, I’ll point out that you can use jigglebones in pre- Orange Box games without any problem, they just act normal.

Those boobs are so fucking large.

Torpedo tits.

Nuke Boobs

Maybe garry didn’t bother with jigglebones too much.

Kind of a shame, I’m sure it can’t be all that hard to patch up considering that he probably has all the resources and code he needs right in the orange box, I could be wrong of course.

As you can see, hilarity can and will ensue.

Not saying we need more giant dildos, but you get my point, jigglebones are just the kind of thing Gmod needs.

Hahah, priceless.

Edit:

ಠ______________________________________ಠ

Lmao :excited:

Why would you want to change it?

Garry, you need to fix this so this poor kid can stroke the snake (If you know what I mean [I mean masturbation]).

I lol’d.

I completely agree, Flux. :slight_smile: Fixed jigglebones would be a great asset to Gmod!

Have you attempted to reverse-engineer a Fakefactory model to see what’s being done differently…?

Flux, I just remembered, now that you mentioned jigglebones.
Doesn’t mariokart64n’s Zamus have jigglebones? (hair and boobs), they’re not static, I mean, they actually fall to gravity.

Do your models work in ep2?

Do the normal ep2 models with jigglebones work?

If it’s just your models that are fucking up it’s unlikely that I have to change anything.

I guess… But they work in episode 2 and i compiled directly through the source 2007 studiomdl.

I’ve tried all the different types of jigglebones and various ranges of values… I guess I am doing something wrong but I remain baffled, I have no idea what I’m doing wrong.

I’ll guess I’ll have to investigate further. Thanks for the reply.

Edit:

It was mostly fan service, not so much for myself. ಠ__ಠ

I did some research…

And it appears that Jigglebones have failed to work in Garry’s Mod for just about anyone.

I tested the Dildo… albeit a little sick, I didn’t have many examples to test, results were as follows:

http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/8713/gmconstruct0052yr9.jpg

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/1969/gmconstruct0055sm1.jpg

…Then, I found this thread, in which a bunch of guys begging for Jigglebones on fakefactory’s Alyx models got their wish, only to find they they didn’t work in Gmod.

This was only 4 weeks ago.

http://forums.facepunchstudios.com/showthread.php?t=572945&page=11

Note that weather used as a direct replacement or used with model manipulator, it doesn’t matter. Still no dice.

Also note that these models work just fine in any Orange Box game.

I really hope you address the issue soon, hope it isn’t anything serious.

My custom jigglebones work.

Here’s a test I made:
http://www.cubeupload.com/files/3d40e2untitled1.gif

Edit:

QC:

$cd "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3dsMax8\meshes\jiggletest"
$modelname "jiggletest2"

$cdmaterials "models\debug"
$surfaceprop "wood"

$model studio "ref.smd"

$sequence ragdoll "ragdoll.smd" ACT_DIERAGDOLL 1 fps 30.00

$collisionjoints ref.smd {

$mass 200
	$inertia 1.00
	$damping 0.00
	$rotdamping 0.00
	$rootbone "Bone01"
}

$jigglebone "Bone02" {
	is_flexible {
		yaw_stiffness 700
		yaw_damping 6
		pitch_stiffness 700
		pitch_damping 8
		tip_mass 5
		length 30
		angle_constraint 37
	}
}

$jigglebone "Bone03" {
	is_flexible {
		yaw_stiffness 700
		yaw_damping 6
		pitch_stiffness 700
		pitch_damping 8
		tip_mass 5
		length 30
		angle_constraint 37
	}
}

$jigglebone "Bone04" {
	is_flexible {
		yaw_stiffness 700
		yaw_damping 6
		pitch_stiffness 700
		pitch_damping 8
		tip_mass 5
		length 30
		angle_constraint 37
	}
}

$jigglebone "Bone05" {
	is_flexible {
		yaw_stiffness 700
		yaw_damping 6
		pitch_stiffness 700
		pitch_damping 8
		tip_mass 5
		length 30
		angle_constraint 37
	}
}

That’s nice and all, but even with the same configuration of the .qc, the problem persists.

And there’s zero reasons why Jigglebones which are perfectly funtional in other orange box games should simply cease to work in garrysmod.

Edit:

Actually, I notice you used them after the $collisionjoints modifier… I’ll have to try that…

According to the wiki entry… And every example i’ve seen, you’re only supposed to use tham after the reference… Either way it shouldn’t be a problem however, considering it works in other orange box games.

Edit:

Oh, and is that working on a physics prop? I didn’t know you could do that. I’m wondering if it would still work as an NPC or weapon though…

Technically it’s a ragdoll. That’s the only way jigglebones work.