Flailing ragdolls - how do I do it?

I’m trying to find a way to make ragdolls flail in Gmod. I’ve seen it a lot in machinima, and I think it’s hilarious - but I’m having trouble replicating it, instead relying on posing ragdolls in flaily positions and taking pictures of each frame. I’ve had a modicum of success with the Motor tool, tying bits of the ragdoll to each other or to nearby scenery, but after a couple seconds, it locks up.

For an example of what I mean, check this video at 0:36 and 0:44.

Any help/advice/stuff would be awesome. Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Attach thrusters to limbs.

thrusters you want to limbs you want moving, several low level thrusters for semi percision (one of my friends showed me how to make a ragdoll do rock paper scissors [except their hand doesn’t change])

Okay, the thrusters work fine :slight_smile: Thanks for the advice, but I do have one more question: is there a way to make the thrusters invisible, or to at least select a really small object to be the thruster? I only have the GMod defaults available, and the smallest one is a soda can, which is still pretty conspicuous >_>

Use model manipulator . Find a really tiny prop and use that .

Use the color tool and turn the alpha to zero. That will make the thruster invisible.

use the color tool, set the alpha to 0

damn you ninja

Double post sorry :open_mouth:

Sudget

Oh man you guys are the best <3 Thanks so much!