Fly glitch - not a hack

Just updated my client and updated my server, and I’m loving the new terrain.

But there’s a problem.

I have no idea how I’m doing it, but I’m currently flying around my map at warp speed. Those of you who know me from here and elsewhere in-game know I’m not a hacker or a cheater, and I don’t have any aimbots / exploits / etc installed for ANY game, let alone Rust.

I was sprinting along a beach and came up on a very gentle hill. Next thing I know, I clipped under the terrain and took off at warp speed. By mousing up and down, I was able to fly around the map at unbelievable speed (though I get wet if I go underwater). Please tell me this is some new admin spectate mode, and if so, why did it automatically engage? How can I get out?

If this is a bug, is there any more info that’s needed to help the devs figure it out? Here’s hoping EAC doesn’t pick this up as an exploit. :frowning:

Didn’t they recently change admin commands to a shift + “button” modifier? Could be that.

Could be. This seems to happen when I stop sprinting, type something in chat, and resume sprinting. But I didn’t think “fly mode” was added in the update.

shift + L or shift + P turns on fly and super jump, irrc. I forget which is which so just toggle them both until both are off/on

Welp, I feel special then. Thanks for letting me know :slight_smile:

At least nobody else on my server figured it out :slight_smile:

It’s an admin only ability, so unless you hand out admin rights like cookies you’re all good :wink: