Forced Download Entities?

I have this gamemode and when players join they download the models and what not, but they don’t download the entities where all the weapon bases are located therefore, they can’t use the weapons, how do I fix this?

Make sure in your weapon’s files you’re sending them to the client.

How? o.o
Like this?:

if SERVER then
AddCSLuaFile( “shared.lua” )
SWEP.Weight = 1
SWEP.AutoSwitchTo = true
SWEP.AutoSwitchFrom = false
end

Yea.

That only gives them the weapon/base, but it won’t download the sent in my entities, so that weapon can’t spawn the entity =[

if they are in the gamemode’s entities folder they should automatically download. if you have the same structure above for ANY entity

I checked if it did but it didn’t download =[

Ok. Next step: Are any of your entities returning errors in the console when you load? If the script is messed up due to an error, the file wont be loaded into memory, and hence, wont be sent to clients.

No, the entities don’t give any errors.

How are you checking to see if they do not have any errors? I’m sorry, but given how gamemodes work, you’ve either set up the structure incorrectly, your entities have errors, or they are missing:
AddCSLuaFile( “cl_init.lua” ) //assuming you have one.
AddCSLuaFile( “shared.lua” )

include(‘shared.lua’) //if this file is init.lua
in init.lua or shared.lua

Your folder structure should also be set up as follows:

GamemodeName
–gamemode
----Gamemode related files
–entities
----entities (your entities spawned by weapons should be here!)
------ sent_entityname (This should be your entity folder)
----effects
----weapons
------ weapon_weaponname (This should contain only the weapons init.lua, cl_init.lua, and shared.lua)

Hmmmm okay, what Includes would I need for the weapon?
Do I need to put anything in the entities shared?

If you have an init.lua, then you would put AddCSLuaFile(“shared.lua”) at the beginning. if you do NOT have a init.lua, then you put that line in the shared.lua file itself. The only thing that is needed is for the server itself to see that line in the code. Hence, if you put it in cl_init.lua it will NOT work.

Also, as you didn’t answer my question, I’m going to assume you don’t know how to check for errors.

Here is what is shown in the console window:

Let me point out that error. It is not shown on the side of you screen, but only in the console window by pressing the ~ key. Go double check and see if you have one of those. If so, check your code and fix it.