Hi all! This is my new gamemode, called FortwarsX! The purpose of this gamemode is to build a base sandbox-style, and then try to take the flag and hold it for as long as possible. The build and fight phase both last 7.5 minutes, and after the fight phase is over, the team who held onto the flag the longest wins! There’s a neat spawnmenu for the build phase and custom weapons for the fight phase. I know that there have been lots of Fortwars gamemodes in the past, but this is one of the few made with Fretta. The first one to be made with Fretta was kinda rubbish (you could pick eachother up!), and this is basically a complete remake of it.
It has 3 classes: Demolition guy, Veteran and Scout. Not the most original ones but whatever. You can guess how it goes:[ul]
[li]The Demolition guy is very slow and doesn’t jump high, but you get a Deagle and C4 explosives![/li][li]The Veteran is an all-around guy. He’s a professional in firearms, because he’s been working at the army for ages. He doesn’t have bad agility as well.[/li][li]The Scout is a fairly new guy. He’s young, not very powerful, but jesus christ, this fucker can run fast! (And he’s the only one who can grab the flag!)[/ul][/li]
It’s all made with the Fretta Gamemode Base. I got huge help from the wiki, sandbox, and some other lua-resources I also used some code from Carnag, the maker of the old Fretta fortwars.
I’m currently too lazy to make a video, but here are some random screenshots (OLD OLD OLD)!
Download it here: filebox.me (version 1.3, about 2.7 mb)
Extract it to your garrysmod/gamemodes folder.
NOTE: FRETTA IS REQUIRED. It works both in the Gmod Beta SVN and normal Gmod, but the normal gmod has some tiny glitches.
* Fixed weapon damage
* Fixed spectators showing up at the screen at the end of the game
* Pressing q in the fight phase now switches to your last weapon you used
* Props cannot be forced to the other side of the map anymore
* Nerfed Demolition Guy (he doesn’t have a gravity gun anymore, so he has to get someone else to get the flag)
* The flag now emits a dynamic light
* Forgot to resource.AddFile() the flag icon
* Some other shit I forgot
* Demolition Guy has again been nerfed and now only has a Desert Eagle and C4 explosives
* New explosion effect (for the C4)
* Demolition Guy and Veteran now have different health
* Only the Scout now has the gravity gun
* Cool ending effect added (camera moves smoothly to the flag)
* New, improved weapon base with dynamic crosshairs
* Props cannot be forced to the other side anymore
* Some glitches & bugs fixed
* Compressed some textures
* Some other shit I forgot
(Note that I only tested this gamemode with bots and there might be still bugs in it)
:siren:HOW TO MAKE MAPS FOR IT::siren:
It’s pretty simple. You need a func_brush named separator as a wall seperating the red and blue side. You also need a** fw_flag** entity. You need 2 **func_fw_propfield brush entities, one covering the whole red base and the other covering the whole blue base. They should have a team keyvalue with value 1 for the red side and 2 for the blue side. That’s about it. Oh, and info_player_terrorist **for red spawn points and info_player_counterterrorist for blue spawn points.