Forum Design Improvements

Hey everyone,

We’re looking at re-designing the forum to be more user friendly and improving it visually from what we have currently. Still has rough edges but its in a position to share with you guys and get some thoughts.

Forum View

Category View

Post View

Any feedback and/or suggestion are welcome.

Thanks!

Looks good! I like the distinct separation between categories, topics, and posts you’ve got going on. The main categories page looks perfect to me honestly.

One thing that’s a personal prefrence is the header area being quite large, does it collapse down like the current header when you scroll down? Another thing is that grey post text is a tad hard to read with the strong white.

Also to keep in mind; discourse has a light/dark theme that you can apply in themes, or have setup to use whatever your OS is using (Like darkmode on the phone) will this just be one theme, or will we be keeping light/dark versions?

1 Like

Yeah this looks great, the one thing I’m not entirely certain about is the difference in colors you’ve got going on between a forum post and it’s replies but other than that, big improvements.

1 Like

Forum and Category View
Both of them look perfect to me frankly, well done.

Post View
Not really sure about the grey post text on the white background, kinda hard to see that’s for me at least.
Also not really sure about the difference between Post and Reply background colors, I think it should be just white with black text like the rest of forum is mostly.

1 Like

Oh wow, I dig the improvement, when can we expect the change?

1 Like

I love the design, I think it really fits the S&box theme, but maybe make the background different for each category? Feels kinda weird having the same s&box background for all games.

1 Like

Lookin’ spicy, no complaints here.

1 Like

This looks great! I would use a little less space for headers (like the ones on the thread lists) and borders, maybe separating each response in a thread is too much… they could be a single block instead.

I would really like to see how the dark mode looks, if that’s somewhat fleshed out as well

1 Like

Replying to give my support because I’ve hit my vote limit. This looks really good. I especially like the main page

1 Like

lookin’ good

1 Like

Digging the changes implemented so far, though I’m not entirely sure whether I like the current look of the top bar buttons. The contents aren’t centered that well (Especially the avatar) and the spacing between them feels a tad bit too large.

There’s also a bit of a disconnect with the rest of the site using rectangular buttons instead of rounded ones, but I’m sure that’ll get fixed as the other parts of the redesign are added.

Having an issue with the new header design on dark mode. The topic title is black text on black gradient;- as seen when you scroll down on any topic.

2020-12-08 23_28_03-Hooks in S&Box - s&box _ coding - Facepunch Forum — Firefox Developer Edition

1 Like

Just popping in to say that I love the design a lot and I eagerly await its release.

It looks very professional!

Although almost too professional… needs a hidden dick somewhere.

1 Like

Looking good!

1 Like