Forwarding Ports just won't work for GMod.

I forwarded the ports needed for Warcraft III, and I can host fine.
I forwarded the ports needed for Half-Life (27000-27015 and 1200-1200) and it still shows up under LAN. My firewall definitely isn’t doing anything, and I don’t know what else to try… I didn’t restart my router, because I don’t know how (lol), and I never had to do that for Warcraft III to work.

Have you set sv_lan to 0?
Add “sv_lan 0” to your server.cfg (without quotes).

It’s at 0, yes. Also, I can’t find server.cfg, where is that?

I would facepalm and let this go, but I’m too nice to do that.

You need to make your own server.cfg and place it in your cfg directory. You also need to add +exec server.cfg to your command line (assuming your using srcds).

Here is an example config for a standard build server:

hostname "(YOUR SERVER NAME)"
rcon_password "(YOUR RCON PW)"
sv_password ""
sv_alltalk 1
sv_lan 0
sbox_noclip 1
sbox_godmode 1
sbox_plpldamage 1
sbox_maxprops 150
sbox_maxragdolls 2
sbox_maxnpcs 0
sbox_maxballoons 5
sbox_maxeffects 0
sbox_maxdynamite 0
sbox_maxlamps 5
sbox_maxthrusters 15
sbox_maxwheels 15
sbox_maxhoverballs 15
sbox_maxvehicles 5
sbox_maxbuttons 10
sbox_maxemitters 2
sbox_maxspawners 2
sbox_maxturrets 2

It’s a Listen server.

Then I’m not sure what you would do to automatically execute it, though you can simply make the file, put it in cfg, and type “exec server.cfg”(without quotes) in your console while you’re in your listen server. You’d have to do that every time you host though.

Or, you know, I can just make sure sv_lan is 0 when I’m in the server. I don’t know what else is keeping it in LAN, I’m sure it’s my ports, if it is a port I’m missing, if I forwarded ports 1-99999, could that possibly work?

If the server is hosted on your network, it will always show as LAN, regardless of if it can be reached from outside the network. Also, be sure that you don’t give your internal ip (192.168..) to people to connect to, and don’t have people connect through “Join Game” because these will not point the IP’s correctly. You will need them to find it through the server list or by connecting to your computer using your external IP (can be found at http://www.ipcake.com/). Also make sure you have an INTERNAL static IP going to your computer and that IP is reflected on the port forward page. Also, note that unless you have an EXTERNAL (note that this is different than an internal static IP) IP, your external IP will change every so often.

EDIT: Also, DON’T forward all of your ports because that is a big security hole!