FPS drop every 2-3 seconds.

This is a weird, irritating problem I’ve been having for a couple of days now. I don’t know if it’s caused by a certain addon or whatever, but every 2-3 seconds, my original FPS which is around 80-90 plummets down to a 20-40 for about 1-2 seconds, and then goes back to 80-90. Does anyone know of any addon that might be doing this? (This happens both in SP and MP)

If it is an addon, it can be solved by cleaning your Gmod. I don’t think addons do that though.

I get an average of 15 FPS :frown:

I have the same problem but i have 50 avrage

Maybe its an FPS Gain!
in which case you should be happy

A gain? I don’t think you understand. It fluctuates between shitty FPS and normal FPS.

Could be an addon. Also check your task manager and see if anything is fluctuating in there.

What are you talking about 30 fps is still good.

Shut up. His fps shouldn’t be doing that, and if it is, it’s most likely causing the game to look very jerky.

Could be your addons, looks like you’ve got a lot.

What are you talking about,
20Fps is still playable to a point.

Sounds like the Lua garbage collector running. A shitty addon/gamemode would cause this.

It’s your custom HUD. I had the same problem with the addon, and when I removed the custom HUD I had perfect FPS.

Fuck, you might be right. That sucks. I liked it. Hopefully this will stop this shit though.