Free gun packs for S&box

So I had planned on making a physgun model for S&box and presenting it to someone at facepunch to potentially be used in game I still may continue it. however after speaking with multiple people it seems facepunch has a few in the works already and it feels like wasted time. So I have decided to make gun models fully textured and ready to be used in S&box for free by anyone who wants to use them. I intend to animate them as well, I will post the models and animated models separately for anyone to use as they need.

That being said I could model the entire book of guns, but I would rather focus on the common and a few unique here and their. The first pack will be modern weapons and the second pack will be older WWII-Vietnam era weapons. So what I like from you guys is just suggestions on what weapons you would like to have for use in S&box.

5 Likes

Seeing a good star wars themed weapons model pack ready to go near the launch of s&box would be awesome!
with weapons like the dc-15A, E-11, Z6, just to name a few.

Whatever guns you do I suggest you do some of each type: some pistols, some SMGs, some shotguns, some ARs and some snipers. Just my suggestion.

Anyway here’s some modern guns for you to consider:

Pistols/Revolver

• Glock 17
  • H&K USP Compact
  • Beretta 92FS Inox
  • SIG P220
  • Smith & Wesson Model 500

SMGs

• B&T MP9
  • FN P90
  • MP5SD3
  • H&K UMP45
  • Steyr TMP

Shotguns

• Mossberg 590
  • Benelli M3 Super 90
  • Serbu Super-Shorty Remington 870

AR/BR

• IMI Micro Galil
  • SIG MCX Rattler SBR
  • Kel-Tec RFB
  • Colt Model 733
  • H&K HK416 9" barrel
  • AK-103
  • DSA SA58

Sniper Rifles

• Accuracy International AXMC
  • M24A2
  • M110 SASS

will you be porting half life 2 weapons

Port them yourself, just import the MDL, seen as we now have this…

Obviously at the moment it doesn’t import any animations I think, but in the future it most likely will - layla seems to be enjoying working on tooling.:slight_smile:) I would say remaster the HL2 weapons if anything, because then they can be released as free content and be a visual upgrade from the old crappy hl2 ones (which were amazing at the time, but come on they aren’t even complete models cos of the way they’ve been made.)

There’s already Source 2 up-to-date HL2 weapons.

Check the Credits on the Readme here: GitHub - Dynakarp/Source2-PFSK: The Source 2 Pancake FPS Starter Kit.

Thank you, that’s a pretty decent list I’ll definitely be making a few of these.