Freespace06_v2

[release][tab]Name:[/tab] Freespace06_v2-1

[tab]Version:[/tab] 2-1

[tab]Description:[/tab] Huge construction type map.

[tab]Requirements:[/tab] HL2/Gmod

[tab]Download:[/tab] http://files.filefront.com//;5412220;;/
[/release]

-Updated-

Fixed models falling through displacements

–SHADOW FIX–

Fix for the shadow problem resulting in black models: In the Launch options of “Garry’s Mod 9” type in “+r_radiosity 2” without the quotes.

Huge construction type map with lots of free space. Including a large lake/river and a walled city in the center.
This new version features a much larger water building area with two docks. And also lots more flat grassy areas to build on.

http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/6785/freespace06v20000vp6.th.jpg

Downloading right now. Has anything really changed drastically since the first release, or is the crash just fixed?

Either way, very cool. Now people won’t crash out of my server!

Downloading!

Sweet is this the one that won’t crash for others

I just tested it but there is 1 small problem : The stuff you spawn pass trough the grass area…
The only place you can build is in the city and around on the ciment only.

Yay! It doesn’t crash! But ti’s still not as good as v1 :(.
Still, 5.

Edit:

You gotta be shittin’ me…

Yeah I think it’s that new update, displacements aren’t solid I think.

One of the spawn spots has you spawning under the world. You should fire your beta testers :stuck_out_tongue:

I forgot to spawn stuff the first time I played the map for you Helio - Sorry about that. Although I did bump you an increasing number of PMs about the problems I was having.
Great map for building stuff, though.
Well
Will be once you can build on the grass.

Awesome. Downloading it now.

Sweet.

great attempt, but the city has lost the crowded, urban feel, and the displacements are really buggy and props fall through.

The only way he could fix the Vertex error and keep the size of the map was to make the city smaller. I know little to nothing about mapping, but I’m pretty sure the city’s just about the best he could do to keep the vertex error away.

So, this is just a trimmed down 06_v1? I’ll stick the the first one as it works smooothly for me.

Yay, hope this fixes the crashing bugs… but I’m getting a 404 error with ihud, can you or someone upload it to rapidshare/megaupload

Someone please rehost in on filefront or rapidshare. The Ihud isn’t working no more.

Ihud is dead.

The most anticipated release of the century, and iHud goes and ruins it…

Hoowah! Downloading. Once… you get a new link that is.

Oh, and this isn’t trimmed down. He just fixed his verts error.

Edit:

So uhhh…is he just gonna ignore the download link?